wheel vibrations??

jareds98gt

Reaction score
so my steering wheel is vibrating really bad. it starts at about 20mph. it stays the same when i apply the brakes. both tires @ 32psi.
anyone have any suggestions??

95-stang

Reaction score
Sounds like an out of shape tyre, if it was just balance you can drive through the rough bit and it smooths out.
Your wheel nuts are tight i take it?

S

scarface

bent wheel, broken belt in the tire, tie rod end, bad balance of tire could all cause this.

NYC94GT

Reaction score
jareds98gt said:
so my steering wheel is vibrating really bad. it starts at about 20mph. it stays the same when i apply the brakes. both tires @ 32psi.
anyone have any suggestions??
If your tires are the same size front to back, swap them out and drive it. This way you can determine if it is in the tire/wheel or in the suspension. If it is in the tire/wheel, swap one at a time to see which one it is.

Good luck! :thumb:

9psi 98

Reaction score
If you're feeling it in the steering wheel, then it's definitely one of the front tires. If you felt it in your seat, then it would have been one of the rear tires. It could be something as simple as a weight falling off or as troublesome as a broken belt in your tire. Look for distortion or bulges in your sidewalls and tread surface, these are obvious signs that the tire has an internal problem. When in doubt, just get them balanced again. If there's a problem with the tire, it will show up once they put them on the machine. The machine will call for insane amounts of weight to be added to the rim and the problem tire will be identified. Most places will balance your tires for $10 or less per tire. Best of luck. :pimp2:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online