wheel well and tires

dbmblitz10

Reaction score
so i hate how my wheels dont sit flush with the edges of my wheel wells...now im not looking to my new wheels....i have american eagle alloys on the car right now 16x7...now with a wheel spacer, i could make the wheels flush with the edges of the well, but would then leave the car with a wider base...now i was just wondering if anybody has ever actually got their wheels widened and what effects would the spacers have on the ride of the car?

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
dbmblitz10 said:
so i hate how my wheels dont sit flush with the edges of my wheel wells...now im not looking to my new wheels....i have american eagle alloys on the car right now 16x7...now with a wheel spacer, i could make the wheels flush with the edges of the well, but would then leave the car with a wider base...now i was just wondering if anybody has ever actually got their wheels widened and what effects would the spacers have on the ride of the car?
unfortunatley its very costly...your better off buying new wheels altho i know you dont want too.

GDawg

Reaction score
My spacers made no difference in the ride.

And the rears look much better for very little money.

PICT0069.jpg

GoodyearF1GS-D3.jpg

W

Wes8398

What's wrong with widening the wheel base a little bit?
I'm looking at doing the same thing, but I have safety concerns with the wheel spacers. I know a few kids around town with their little :rice: cars had spacers on, and one kid had his wheel studs break off because of it...or so the insurance company says. They wouldn't cover the damage cause of the spacers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online