Wheels and tire help...

lsmustangx

Reaction score
So I ordered a set of 18 wheels just for cruising and DD driving. (ill be running the 14 inch front GT500 brake set up) I also ordered two 15x10 weld racing wheels for the rear for play time...

Now... I need to order tires, and the best part is I dont have a budget.
the front wheel is a 18x9 but im running an after market Kmember and in the instructions is says that some 9inch front tires might have issues clearing the coil overs.. AND Im going to keep the 18x9 on up front for play when I use my 15x10 welds... ill mostly be roll racing so getting flat spots isnt a worry of mine but traction and stopping is....
the rear is a 18x10, also i have no problem rolling fenders if i have to...

God my moms going to be pissed when she fines out how much im spending on these...

RichV

Reaction score
So what's your question???

The front brakes 'may' not clear 18" wheels, just FYI. Some wheels are different than others, so it will depend.

What about rear brakes? Massive 14" setup up front, and anything that can fit under a 15" wheel is tiny in comparison. Not sure what you're going for with this mismatched setup, but it's just a waste of money IMO. Stay stock up front and get a pair of 99-04 GT calipers and be done. Keep the rear stock and get some good quality pads on all 4 corners.

Didn't you mention you were going with a manual brake? No power assist?

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
^ this. Your rear bias will be shot to hell. If you still want to get massive brakes up front rather than RichV's suggestion (which is a good suggestion, by the way, your car *will* stop in a hurry) without doing anything in the rear, than at a minimum get a adjustable brake proportioning valve and install it on the rears so you can at least attempt to balance things back out - though I'm not sure you'll be able to get it completely balanced with the large discrepancy between the fronts and rears.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online