Wheels and Tires

Sklander

Reaction score
I got a flat and the tires are just about ready to crack down and break they have been sitting so long. The car is getting a new drivetrain... motor, tranny, and rear end and may as well get new wheels and tires to go with the other goodies!

This is my question: The motor is gonna put down at least 450HP to the ground, so I need help sticking on the street. How wide can I go in the rear end? I want to run 18" gunmetal Saleen wheels. I just gotta get the rubber to match the metal. What do you think?

OP
OP
S

Sklander

Reaction score
I can get a killer deal on the 18" Saleen rims. Is there any reason you say to go with a 17" wheel over an 18" wheel or is that just your preference? I think the car would look just stunning with some gunmetal 18" Saleen wheels on it and a pearl white or silver paint job. That's just me, though, man.

Steve-Oh

Legend
Reaction score
I prefer the 18's myself. I have exactly what your describing (Saleen replica hypercoat). I fit a 315 BFG with minor outter fender problems and nothing else. I'm also lowered 2" front and rear so you should hae no problem fitting them. Also keep in mind that the Nitto DR's run slightly smaller then other brand tires. So in essence, a 315 in Nitto size is like getting a 295 in another brand.

hoss13

Reaction score
I'm running 315/35/17 with eibach pro's with no rubbing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online