WHEELS BABY! ***UPDATED JULY 18th - NEW PICS***

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
well, i got the tires mounted on the rims and the rims are on the car now! im a little disappointed though, i figured for my first set of tires id just buy some used ones because i really didnt want to drop that kind of money on new tires. My dad found some used Pirelli PZERO ROSSO tires with about 4-5/32nds tread left on them. They arent the prettiest tires ever but you should have seen them before I cleaned em up. The guy had sold us a bad rear tire (had a bubble in the side of it) but he said he would replace it. So right now, im only rolling on three of the new rims because we had already got the other wheels mounted on and already payed them. but tomorrow my dad is gettin the same tire and size from the guy so it will be on all four rims tomorrow. alas, heres the pictures!

blah001.jpg

Side View (the stock rim is on the rear passenger side)

blah004.jpg

blah002.jpg

blah003.jpg

(representin the forums!)

blah006.jpg

(yeah they are already dirty from the guys hands who mounted them but im exhausted, full day at work...)

NOWWWW i know what you guys are thinking! WOW TAKE THAT THING OUT TO THE BAJA 1000! butttt i got it covered. hes my weekend projects!

blah008.jpg

(Starting tomorrow, I will be installing the MAC 2.5" offroad H-Pipe) i decided to stay with stock headers for now.

blah010.jpg

Saturdays job starting at about noon.. along with......

blah009.jpg

Sooooooo im sure you guys are about tired of lookin at all my goodies but I am SUPERRRRRR EEXCITED! haha i cant wait. i want it on now :rant:!!!!! I will update pics after I wash the car on saturday and get everything installed. maybe ill do a sound clip too! =D

Slow98GT

Reaction score
Re: WHEELS BABY!

looks good sucks about your other tire as long as your getting a new one it should be fine. hope that you have fun with all your goodies

SonicStang

Reaction score

Damn that looks awesome, take pics when the sun comes out!!!

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score

:thumb: ill do it this weekend. ill take it out to the lake (practically my backyard, bout a block away) and get some nice pics of her.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

those wheels are sweet!! they look great on there.

good choice on the CC plates,
I'll be watching for pics, your car will look awsomeR

joshs95

Reaction score

man looks sick :thumb:, cant wait till i get mine in ,

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score

dont fret man, car looks amazing. it will look even better with the kit. give me a call if you need a hand im here for ya bro.

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score

joshs95 said:
man looks sick :thumb:, cant wait till i get mine in ,

i know how it feels! just wait till you get them on ;D

97GTS

Reaction score

looks awesome and excellent choice :thumb: i swear these rims shoulda came from the factory on brand new 94-98's back in the day cause they suit the bodystyle perfectly

Foster98GT

Reaction score

Looks Good. It will only get better when shes Lowered. I also plan on installing my Mac O/R H-Pipe next week.

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score

ohhh i need centercaps too, my "SVT" ones from the stock wheeels wouldnt fit :mad:... i have no clue why! any suggestions?

thorco3

Reaction score

are u selling ur stock wheels?

she's gonna big pimpin once you get everything installed. you'll be very happy with those mm c/c plates, installation on those is a breeze. springs take a bit longer, but not too bad. do you have new s/s as well or will those come later on down the road

97vertstang

Reaction score

that looks awesome !!!!!!!!!!! love saleens, and what size do u get ur tires??? whenever i have money for 18s im going to get used tires i always get deals, and seen too many good deals to buy new ones again.

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score

thorco3 said:
are u selling ur stock wheels?

she's gonna big pimpin once you get everything installed. you'll be very happy with those mm c/c plates, installation on those is a breeze. springs take a bit longer, but not too bad. do you have new s/s as well or will those come later on down the road

yes im selling my 98 cobra wheels, not sure on the price yet. and i will be getting s/s's (lol sssssss) but not ne time soon. im going to see how it rides and stuff once i get the springs on and that will determine how long it takes me to get them.

97vertstang said:
that looks awesome !!!!!!!!!!! love saleens, and what size do u get ur tires??? whenever i have money for 18s im going to get used tires i always get deals, and seen too many good deals to buy new ones again.

they are pirelli pzero rosso's 255/40/18 fronts and 285/35/18 (i like the 40's sidewall better).. they are used with about 4-5/32nds tread left for only $160!!!!! rosso's are 250-330 a tire new! lol.. i thought that was a better deal than what i was going to buy.. bfg kdw 2's for 880 dollars.

thanks for the comments guys, oh and i can't do my hpipe yet, i forgot that i got my stock hpipe welded onto my mufflers so now i have nothing to bolt the mac hpipe too.. ill have to go get someone to weld it on. its a offroad hpipe too, so time to find someone who will do it for me....

paul, you know anyone around here that will do it?

u n v kenny

Reaction score

confreakingrats dude

those sportlines are going to look KILLER!

I stuck with the pro-kit so I could fit some 26" slicks up under there with no problem.. I hope **crosses fingers**

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score

Matt94GT said:
looks great man, and when you drop its gonna look killer!~

i got the cc plates figured out, it looks sooo awesome, ill get pics up today hopefully! will the front go down lower after like a week of sittin on the new springs? jw its already low enough but thats what i was told. thanks for the compliments guys, i loveeeee it! :D

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score

yes all 4 of your springs will settle down after while, i dont think it will be as early as next week, but before xmas. i have the exact same lowering kit as you. so you will be able to see on wednesday

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score

HERE IS AN UPDATE WITH THE LOWERING SPRINGS!

07-18-06_1111.jpg

07-18-06_1112.jpg

Sorry but i took these pics with my fone at work today.. after this weekend, ill post some better pics because im goin to wax her up. Enjoy, tell me what you guys think! :thumb:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online