Wheels before Tires?

RyanCess

Reaction score
Is this the best way to do it? And then mount them at the same time?

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It depends on how you want to go about it - ideally you'd do both at the same time, but if you have good life left on the tires and don't want to wait on wheels, then you can do wheels first. Doesn't really matter what order - what matters is do they match. Meaning: are you getting larger diameter wheels? If so, obviously your tires won't work. Are you keeping the diameter the same but getting wider wheels? Then make sure your current tire will stretch/fit. As long as they will, you can do wheels first.

When I bought my DD new, I changed the wheels immediately. But the stock tires were brand new. I ended up keeping the diameter the same but got wider wheels. So I just had the stock tires mounted on the new wheels. They were a little stretched but the wheel width was in the acceptable range for the tires. So I drove them until it was time for new tires, and then got wider tires.

Hope that helps!

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I would buy wheels even if I didn't have the tires for them yet. However I would never buy tires If I didn't have the wheels. Just my .02.

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I bought my tires first because the tires were less expensive, harder to find, and got a good deal on them. I got my wheels months after.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
4 types?

One that settles with whats available depending on their cash in hand. Like having snowtires for the front....lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online