Wheels gone bad.

redmustang95

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of wheels going bad. For example, getting so hot that they warp when hitting a pothole.

94twinscrew

Reaction score
Well you can damage a wheel from hitting a pot hole,or just simply knock it out of balance...enough to cause a vibration. Why?

OP
OP
R

redmustang95

Reaction score
well, i recently bought some wheels and got them balanced and mounted. They had a slight vibration at 40 to 50 mph. Took it back today cuz it got worse. The guy said the wheel was not round. like it was warped in some way. He had to put more of those weights to balance it. thats the explanation he gave me. i'm thinking maybe the rim is bad, or the tire. who knows :dunno:

94twinscrew

Reaction score
It takes a lot to warp a rim. If he couldn't get it to zero balance,and you don't see a visable dent or flat spot...I would say it's the tires(assuming that you didn't have the vibration before). Cheap tires are know for these problems,and the same goes for tires that were stored for a long time,or sat in one spot leaning against a wall. I've had rims that have had major gouging with a flat spot(dent),and they were still able to be balanced.....so I really think that it points more towards the tires.

OP
OP
R

redmustang95

Reaction score
i think so too, imo. it does take alot to mess up a rim. and needless to say, the tires i got are not top of the line, but it was all i could afford. For now that is.

OP
OP
R

redmustang95

Reaction score
That's next on my to do list. New bushings, and steeda bumpsteer kit.

94Vert

Reaction score
If the tires are brand new thats probably not your problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online