When car starts stays at 1500 rpms then when I shut off after started won’t start

OP
OP
T

tyler_svt4

Reaction score
I have replaced distributor replaced ccrm checked all fuses all wires no vacuum leaks have checked everything I possibly can and sometimes my fan and fuel pump would randomly turn on when the key is on
So I am thinking my ecu is the suspect so I took it apart and everything looks fine except this one spot does this look burnt to you or do y’all have any idea

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
did you check the fuses under the hood as well as the dash? How did you check for vac leaks?

Orl1mjf

Reaction score
Looks burnt
Definitely looks burnt, I had problems with ecu, but my caps went bad. Almost looked like tiny metal specks on the board, hard to notice. The replacement board I bought had the same issue but jumper wires were soldered in a couple places.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Definitely looks burnt, I had problems with ecu, but my caps went bad. Almost looked like tiny metal specks on the board, hard to notice. The replacement board I bought had the same issue but jumper wires were soldered in a couple places.
there is one spot that it looks like the trace might have lifted. A little solder would fix it if that is the case

Orl1mjf

Reaction score
Maybe, but most likely not. If me, I would replace it, you know at least 1 area is burnt and you are having issues that others have had with bad ecu’s. Just because you don’t visually see anything wrong with it, doesn’t mean it doesn’t have problems. Good luck either way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter