When did you bond with your ride?

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I’m starting to feel like I’ve finally gotten used to my clutch, the cars capabilities, etc… and it feels like we’re bonding! You know how you get to that point where everything starts grooving and you have the next level of comfort and confidence in your ride?
So when did YOU ALL get to that point?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
well the first time I bonded with it was back in 94/95. Now since I have upgraded to the supercharger I have not been able to bond with it because of the trans. I am hoping I am just a half a step away from getting to know it all over again now with a t56 magnum to hold the power

Addermk2

Reaction score
My car and I have recently come to somewhat of an understanding. Until it decides to behave itself, it's staying on low boost.

18psi is fucking scary... lol

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
My car and I have recently come to somewhat of an understanding. Until it decides to behave itself, it's staying on low boost.

18psi is fucking scary... lol
now why are you not sharing these stories with us anymore? They sound like fun.

Blueraz_5.0

Reaction score
Unfortunately haven't gotten there yet :( I'm learning manual on one of them, and I still cant drive it for a little bit after I learn, but riding in it all the time and just chilling in it listening to music has given me full confidence in it. Now if only I had confidence in myself to drive it *sigh*

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I feel like I am rebonding with it now after the t56 install. I was so comfortable that I knew exactly what speed was what gear and I could tell just by feel what gear its in. Now I am not sure how 5th gear at 45 works and throwing it down into 6th, and up into reverse is just the weirdest feeling. Once the trans is broke in then I can start bonding with the motor and the new power it has.

88stang88

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
I am re-bonding after a failed James Bond type moment with water. Breaking in the new clutch atm.

Gregomatic

Reaction score
Unfortunately haven't gotten there yet :( I'm learning manual on one of them, and I still cant drive it for a little bit after I learn, but riding in it all the time and just chilling in it listening to music has given me full confidence in it. Now if only I had confidence in myself to drive it *sigh*
Hang in there. All in good time.

Look at it this way, you have a LOT of FUN on the horizon!
Actually, some of us envy you because we'd like to do it all over again!
You'll acclimate to the clutch. No worries!

OpalFrostGT

Reaction score
I believe my first "Bond, James Bond" moment occured yesterday when I was taking my beautiful wife to lunch. We were at a stoplight, our ONLY stoplight in town. I decided to let Opal (our name for the GT) show her stuff. Just slightly pressing down on the accelerator pedal...she spun her back side through a beautiful arc...truly surprising the wife! Opal was so proud...

Gregomatic

Reaction score
Ya know, it makes me proud of ya to hear you speak highly of your wife. Good on ya bud. ;)

And the way you described goosing it,
I felt like I was in the back seat with yens. LOL

PinkieT

Reaction score
I live in Northern Ohio and bought my car in eastern Tennessee. We bonded driving the hills and curves on the trip home.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
We've been through a lot.

My car is on version 2 of it's 5th personality and I've loved it just the same through it all.

Gregomatic

Reaction score
Aww, come on White, can you expound just a little? That just sounds like a tiny nibble from a tasty story!
Would you mind breaking it down just a tad for those who haven't been here and watched your project go through the stages?

version 2 of it's 5th personality
I'm surprised that poor beast isn't seeing a psycaratrist for an identity crisis disorder.
:D

(I know your one busy dude, so I'll understand if you digress, but maybe share the most stark change, or the most drastic/dramatic thing that comes to your mind that made you say "We've been through a lot.")

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Aww, come on White, can you expound just a little? That just sounds like a tiny nibble from a tasty story!
Would you mind breaking it down just a tad for those who haven't been here and watched your project go through the stages?

version 2 of it's 5th personality
I'm surprised that poor beast isn't seeing a psycaratrist for an identity crisis disorder.
:D

(I know your one busy dude, so I'll understand if you digress, but maybe share the most stark change, or the most drastic/dramatic thing that comes to your mind that made you say "We've been through a lot.")

How about this:

I’ve had the car for 16 years! It has gone from stock stock 302 to a 306 then to a 410w to a 4.6 4V and now, a Coyote swap.

The body shell, trunk lid and fuel tank are the only stock components that were delivered from the factory in 1995 on THIS car.

The doors, majority of the interior and wiring harnesses are from the 1998 GT I totaled back in 2016.

The first Coyote engine was from a 2017 F150. My negligence and exuberance for progress allowed me to overlook the fact I only had water in the coolant system. Last February, in southern Louisiana, we had the coldest week in years. With temperatures below 25° F for a few days, my engine block cracked. This launched version 2 of engine swap 5 and forever changed the attitude of the car. Instead of simply swapping the rotating assembly over to a new block, we added more compression and updated the intake cams. It’s pretty mean now.

…..how’s that for a tidbit?

Gregomatic

Reaction score
HEY THANKS!

(you know how much time you saved me?) :p

Wow, what a cool history!
And yes sir, your ride IS MEAN! That beast you have created seems most generous with the G forces. I can't think of one of your videos that doesn't show that. And while were on that subject, you captured some of the most beautiful sunsets and striking clouds, awesome skyscapes in your vids!! *win*

That's terrible the block cracked, but lookee where it led!
I see you're in one piece now, but how did you fare physically through the demise of the '98?
Just sore with a little banged up pride?

And for some reason, I just figured you had a fuel cell, dunno why.

Is the prospect of a new video looking good any time soon?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online