when is it start to be required to upgrade the fuel rails?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
with everything else I have going on with my rebuild/build I have never given any thought about the fuel rails. Will adding the vortech require a bigger rail? Is there rule that when you go above a certain size fuel injector that you need to upgrade the rails or some other way other then when it starts to run lean? After asking around to the motor/supercharger people I know and trust I settled with 42 lb injectors. So am I past that point already or close enough that I should go ahead and do it anyway?

95opal

Reaction score
Scott i assume your still running a stock block? If so i wouldnt be to concerned about rails unless you plan on pushing your block to its limits as the stock rails will support 500-550hp. Not sure what your intended goal hp wise but if im not mistaken your using 42# injectors wich will be maxed out before the rails again another reaspn not to worry about them. Now if your going for a cleaner look then by all means upgrade otherwise you have more important things to consider than the rails maxing out.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
cool thanks I thought I read somewhere they were good up to 400 and that is about what I am aiming for at the moment.

95opal

Reaction score
cool thanks I thought I read somewhere they were good up to 400 and that is about what I am aiming for at the moment.

Nope our rails are decent its the fox rails that crap out early

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
ah maybe that is what I heard as I don't have any experience with foxes myself short of a stereo/alarm/remote start but thought it was closer then that. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online