When to change your synthetic Oil

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
how LONG(time wise) would anyone recomend going with out changing it? There are alot of times were I am not putting that much milage on the care and always wondered if the 6 month recomendation was too fast?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
did it this time after about 9 months I think but not really sure. I know it was changed during and shortly after the HCI swap late last year but not sure. Just wanted to be safe with the new heads/cam.

greenscobie86

Reaction score
Synthetic oils in both of my modular cars that get changed every 5k miles +/- a few hundred, probably overkill since they can last much longer than 5k.

MotorCraft FL-820S filters only though.

framda

Reaction score
I do mine once a year but I don't drive it that much.

I am sure that your vehicle is stored properly but something most people don't realize is that low usage can be as hard on an oil and for that matter a car as easy use. Many parts of the car need to be put through their cycles to maintain lubrication. The oils need to be heated up to burn of moisture and condensation that can start rust on bearing surfaces. Stored cars can sometimes fall into the severe maintenance category as far as oils, lubes, and brake fluid. Storing a vehicle is hard on all of those little parts that nobody sees.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
when i drove my mustang like crazy (every day.... daily driver... etc. etc. etc.) Id change it "when I got bored" because it gave me something to do on the car :) it'd be about every 2000-3000 miles.... in reality, it can last much longer than that (6000+ especially if you change the filter periodically.)

now that my car is a weekend warrior, I simply change it once a year (at this rate, that will be roughly 3000 miles)

if you drive it every day, I suggest 4-5000 miles.

96GT02

Reaction score
I use mobil 1 EP synethic with motorcraft filter and i always change it right around 5000 miles give or take a little. Mine is also a DD and i drive a lot

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online