Where can I buy a Cobra Brake kit with drilled and slotted rotors?

The Green GT

Reaction score
Preferably around the same price as the one with blanks from ford racing. ($359).

Hybridbird

Reaction score
I got mine from www.musclemotors.com it's a little more pricey than what you stated depending on which calipers you choose,but it is a nice COMPLETE kit,with powdercoated,loaded calipers,new brackets,slotted/CC zinc washed rotors,correct banjo bolts and teflon coated/SS lines.

DSCN0074.jpg

DSCN0095.jpg

OP
OP
T

The Green GT

Reaction score
Yea $500 is a little more than I want to spend. But I sent Ford Racing an e-mail to see if there is anyway I could swap the blanks for some drilled and slotted. If not then ill just buy the calipers and get some rotors elsewhere.

SMOKE

Reaction score
The Green GT said:
Yea $500 is a little more than I want to spend. But I sent Ford Racing an e-mail to see if there is anyway I could swap the blanks for some drilled and slotted. If not then ill just buy the calipers and get some rotors elsewhere.

That's probably cheaper .. unless you EBay or get some deal.

OP
OP
T

The Green GT

Reaction score
SMOKE said:
The Green GT said:

That's probably cheaper .. unless you EBay or get some deal.
I know a guy who has some Baer rotors with like 40 miles on them that hes selling. Ill see if I can get it to like $100 or so. Then lines for like $50-75.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Does SLot/Drilled rotors do anything different the regular ones??

OP
OP
T

The Green GT

Reaction score
Fets said:
Does SLot/Drilled rotors do anything different the regular ones??
Not really, blanks are actually better .But the driled and slotted look better.

OP
OP
T

The Green GT

Reaction score
Theirs come with blanks. But I e-mailed them to see if i could get them with drilled and slotted.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Drilled and slotted rotors are supposed to perform better under extreme braking conditions. The holes help cool and release brake gases from between the pad and rotor while the slots clean the pads so you always have a fresh braking surface.

Hybridbird

Reaction score
OnyxCobra said:
Drilled and slotted rotors are supposed to perform better under extreme braking conditions. The holes help cool and release brake gases from between the pad and rotor while the slots clean the pads so you always have a fresh braking surface.

+1
Also,you gotta watch what you buy.The reason the Ford kit is so cheap is because the rotors they put in their kit are white box chinese made stuff,same ones you get from AZ or ADVANCE AUTO.They are considerably thinner and the vanes in the middle are thinner.I guess the only plus to all that thin-ness is that they're lighter? ::)

Anrev

Reaction score
Hybridbird said:
+1
Also,you gotta watch what you buy.The reason the Ford kit is so cheap is because the rotors they put in their kit are white box chinese made stuff,same ones you get from AZ or ADVANCE AUTO.They are considerably thinner and the vanes in the middle are thinner.I guess the only plus to all that thin-ness is that they're lighter? ::)

Just about every site that sells the conversion kit has this same phrase in the description.

"This kit upgrades your Mustang's front brakes to the ultra high performance PBR Brake Calipers and Pads, and the 13" Brembo rotors that came stock on the MACH 1 and 2001 Bullitt."

Brembo rotors are not the white box chinese made stuff.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.