Where do i get royal purple??

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
im gonna do a major overhaul of all my fluids...i have heard that royal purple works well and actually is proven to gain HP, not much but noticeable. but where can i get some?? im looking for tranny fluid and diff fluid and synthetic oil....

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
i believe the 8.8 takes around 2 QT's. Royal purple actually has many oils you can put in your car from"

Full Synthetic Oil
Transmission Fluid
Diff Fluid
Radiator Additive
Powersteering MAX EZ

BradleyJP

Reaction score
One thing to note about Royal Purple products is that they are VERY expensive. Engine oil, transmission fluid, and rear end gear oil are three fluids that take a beating by anyone that drives a Mustang like it's supposed to be driven, so spending outrageous dough on them is an economically wise investment.

I'd be willing to try their radiator additive, but I feel this job should be left to a product from a company that also makes a high performance coolant which is known to be FULLY compatible with the additive. Radiator gunk and corrosion deposits are complete poopswamp for an engine's ability to cool itself.

However, this power steering fluid, in my opinion, isn't nearly worth what I'm sure is charged for it. I'm not aware of the price, but I'm sure it follows the same trends their other products do. Bottom line: if power steering fluid is flushed and exchanged as often as Ford recommends it (every 30,000 miles), a cheaper raised-performance fluid, or even normal power steering fluid, will work fine. Hell, when we flush power steering systems at work we often use ATF V (Mercon Transmission Fluid 5), as this is allowed and recommended by FoMoCo.

There's my two pennies for your asses

NERD

Reaction score
You're buying the name... Stop watching Horsepower TV just cause they say it doesn't make it true. I posted in one of your other 3 oil threads. Find it and read it.

GDTrumbo

Reaction score
I've read tests on the Royal Purple vs. Mobil 1 products. Any advantages RP provides over Mobil 1 are very, very marginal.

GT

gearhead

Reaction score
You won't "feel" the gain you'll get from RP. If you do, it's all in your head.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online