Where do I get that seafoam stuff from?

OP
OP

94gtstang50

Reaction score
you use 1/3 on the intake, 1/3 in the gas and 1/3 in the oil.

97vertstang

Reaction score
hey does the seafoam really work to clean the injectors?? i used 1/3 for the intake and the rest on the gas tank.

Tattoogod

Reaction score
i put 1/3 into the brake booster vac line.it took about 3 minutes then it looked like someone threw a smoke bomb in my front yard lol. i guess my plugs where carbonized because now it stumbles at idle just a hair.but it does climb through the gears alittle better.I'm gonna do a complete tune up on this mutha and see where it goes..oh yeah i bumped the timing to around 12 or 13 deg. on 91 octane .and i was surprised at the difference it made.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have heard of people using 2/3rds in the vac line and 1/3rd in the gas tank. IMO I wouldnt put it in my oil haha it says you can but I just feel un-easy about that...

rgs

Reaction score
you put it in the oil, let it run for a bit. then do a oil change

OP
OP

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
I have heard of people using 2/3rds in the vac line and 1/3rd in the gas tank.

Thats what I did, by mistake though.

Tattoogod

Reaction score
94GtStAnG5o said:
Matt94GT said:
I have heard of people using 2/3rds in the vac line and 1/3rd in the gas tank.

Thats what I did, by mistake though.
why was it a mistake.i put almost half in the vac line,then dumped the rest in the gas tank.

OP
OP

94gtstang50

Reaction score
I wasn't paying attention and it sucked it up before I noticed how much was left.

GTMedic

Reaction score
Yeah the break booster works great. I used 2/3 in the intake and the rest in the tank. It still needs a tune up. But it tuns much better than it did.

MAXX RS4

Reaction score
I've done this about 5 times to my car and it smokes every time. And not just puffs of smoke, it makes THICK HUGE CLOUDS of smoke. More smoke than youll see at a real burnout contest - no joke. My car has 115k miles on it and i'm sure its loaded with crap.

I suck it in right through the PCV valve and do about 1/2 - 2/3 a can and once the motor starts to bog down and stumble, i shut it off. I let it sit for about an hour so the chemicals can eat away at the carbon inside the intake and motor. I also pour some down after the motor is off so it can get the upper portions of the intake.

I crank it up (usually takes like 10 secs to start) and it'll usually be missing on a few cylinders. Once it starts clearing out it will run smoother than ever before. It smokes heavily for a good 10 minutes driving around like a maniac.

Here is a video I took about a year ago when I first got my car. This was my second consecutive can of the stuff - about an hour apart. The first can I did you can multiply the smoke by 1billion.
http://media.putfile.com/CIMG1145

OP
OP

94gtstang50

Reaction score
I seafoamed a kids blazer yesterday at work, filled the parking lot up with smoke, lol, people thought his car was on fire or something.

97vertstang

Reaction score
just used seafoam on my car and holy crap!!!! that was a smoke show!!! the car felt smoother and idled better!!! so i say this stuff works!!!

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
97vertstang said:
just used seafoam on my car and holy crap!!!! that was a smoke show!!! the car felt smoother and idled better!!! so i say this stuff works!!!

:thumb:

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Sorry for the Late reply...YES, there was plenty of smoke. It lasted for a few minutes. When it was done i took the old girl for a spin. I have too say there was a noticeable improvement. It pulled harder.

97vertstang

Reaction score
i just seafoamed my friends 93 civic and holy crap i should have take a video, the car filled the whole street with smoke.unbelievable, my car wasnt crap against his!!!!!!!he drove around the block like 3 times and it was still smoking!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ko 5.0

Reaction score
Just use the seafoam stuff in the gt. Letting it sit for a while and I wll post back later. I put half in the brake line and half in the gas tank. Car shut right down after sucking it in, smoked just a bit before shutting off. Car has 107,000+. I think I will change plugs and cap later, maybe this weekend (since they have never has been changed)

Nater

Reaction score
Can anyone get me some and send it to germany? My car just rolled to 100,000 miles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.