Where is all the Mustang Love?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Will, May 6, 2015.

1. Will

Will Active Member

I washed the Mustang today at a really sweet touchless car wash that opened up in town. I'm pulling out onto the main road and see this nice Blue SN95 with chrome Cobra R wheels coming from a distance. I pull out and get in the left lane to turn left. I noticed the SN95 quickly put the blinker on to follow me. Probably to get a closer look since nice SN Mustangs are a rarity now. Light turns green and I continue on my way and the Blue Mustang accelerates to get up next to me. The passenger was some young teenager that was looking at my car out the window as They passed by then pulled in front of me. I'm thinking to myself maybe I'll wave at em'. Show respect driver to driver. I accelerate around them and as I'm passing I give the a wave. All I got in return was a stare down and not so friendly look.

My last car was a GTi and forget sometimes this isn't the VW community where fellow drivers wave at one another. My stock Mustang must be quite the threat. Lol

2. Ferocious

Ferocious Legend SN95 Supporter

The mustang stereotype is true... they (including myself) are all d-bags. I went to a car meet last weekend and about 20 mustangs were pulling in at the same time as me. They turned left to all go park next to each other and I immediately went right and parked by all the 240s. The mustang crowd is just :handz: sometimes.

3. DropTopPony

DropTopPony Administrator Staff Member Admin SN95 Supporter

I'm friendly when at a gathering and such but I have never been big at waving at other dudes in cars.

4. sleepn_sn95

sleepn_sn95 Well-Known Member

Yeah mustang guys are definitely different. Two of my roommates have WRX's and no matter where we go there is a subaru that will wave to them, it doesnt matter if its a stock forester or a modded sti.

I'll pass a modded gt or mach 1 and not even get a look

5. Will

Will Active Member

My uncle bought a new Sti and he told me he gets waves all the time from other Subaru drivers.

Im not sure about Honda drivers. I feel like they would be snobby to each other...

6. Will

Will Active Member

Ferocious, I see you fitting in to the JDM crown anyways so that dosnt surprise me. Dosnt make you a Dbag. Lol

7. Will

Will Active Member

Yeah but do you stare them down like they just insulted you by driving by? Haha I know what you mean

8. Tony

Tony Legend

i don't get it either. i decided from here on out to just throw mountain dew on their car and rice rev as i flip them off

but seriously...it's more of an age thing than a "mustang" thing. guys in their 30's or 40's have learned how to just simply be polite and woulda at least gave you a thumbs up or a wave back. just immature shit man i wouldn't pay attention or sweat it

9. Tally_4.6

Tally_4.6 Well-Known Member

I sometimes forget you actually own a mustang.

Me either, i mean mug.

10. Tony

Tony Legend

:wave:

11. chris91

chris91 Well-Known Member

Cincinnati must be Mustang friendly then. I am constantly getting compliments and other mustang drivers waving at me. Went to a cruise in on Sunday and it was a huge mix of cars. Had compliments coming from all age groups there.

12. Ferocious

Ferocious Legend SN95 Supporter

Driving a nissan 98% of the time, I tend to forget too.

13. Tony

Tony Legend

get that thing up north this summer!! summit mustang show....dooo iiiit!!

14. chris91

chris91 Well-Known Member

I rarely go up to Columbus, only time I plan on coming up that way will be to visit my sick mother soon. I dont take my car on long hauls, its given me too many problems in the past so I dont really trust it going that far anymore. Would rather be somewhat close to home if something was to go wrong.

15. Carnage281

Carnage281 Active Member

Most of the time I get the nod or a wave from people with new edges, sn-95s, or fox bodies; but there have been a few times where I have been ignored or mean mugged........mostly by 5.bros, gt500 owners, and termi owners. Dear gawd termi owners think they're the best thing since sliced bread. I get more respect and props from trans am and jdm owners than most of the mustang owners I see on the street lol.

16. slow90coupe

slow90coupe Well-Known Member

Unless I know the person driving the Mustang, I usually don't bother waving or doing anything because they won't do anything back. Now when I'm in my Subaru, nearly every Subie I pass will wave. In the Supra... everyone and their brother waves lol.

17. Carnage281

Carnage281 Active Member

[​IMG]

18. lutter94

lutter94 Well-Known Member

I would never go to a mustang only car show. I don't get it, its promoting separation. I like seeing other old muscle cars too, pickups, jeeps, etc. Ford-Only, I can handle, a Ford dealer here puts one on in Sioux Falls, SD. A lot of variety. But I can't imagine an entire show with only one model of car.....

19. Burninriverdiver

Burninriverdiver Well-Known Member

I had this same question as the op last night. Pulled up to a light, and right next to me pulls up an almost identical version of my car (except convertible). I look over and give the guy a thumbs up and he looks away and pretended not to see me....

20. DropTopPony

DropTopPony Administrator Staff Member Admin SN95 Supporter

No :)

If someone waves I will acknowledge with a head nod or smile etc I just don't usually initiate the love fest like the Jeep dorks do. Those tards will like hang out sideways trying to headbutt ongoing traffic to get a wave from you.