Where is all the Mustang Love?

joser714

Reaction score
How about flashing your high beams instead of a wave.... Seems more manly

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I waved all the time in my old cars. I find in the s197 nobody notices, especially not other s197 people. they're almost totally oblivious. however, from the outside no one would be able to tell I actually care about cars and do any mods. meh

SN90FiveOh

Reaction score
I almost always put a hand up to acknoledge another SN. Ecspecially when I see a nice one which is a rarity around here. I usually get nothing back, but I figure hey, might just make a new mustang friend. :thumbsup:

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
For as long as I have owned mustang, its always been that way. Mustang people seem to think they are elite, especially the new edge and terminator guys. However, that's not all mustang folk. Now I just don't even wave or thumbs up, nor check their car out so as to not feed their ego. I get more love from coyote owners than anything before the 11+.

To summarize: Mustangs are gay. lol

OP
OP
T

turion94

Reaction score
No :)

If someone waves I will acknowledge with a head nod or smile etc I just don't usually initiate the love fest like the Jeep dorks do. Those tards will like hang out sideways trying to headbutt ongoing traffic to get a wave from you.

image_zpsr3wrc6xh.jpg

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
No :)

If someone waves I will acknowledge with a head nod or smile etc I just don't usually initiate the love fest like the Jeep dorks do. Those tards will like hang out sideways trying to headbutt ongoing traffic to get a wave from you.

HEY!!!! i never hng out of the fn jeep to wave! you jeep owner hater

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
i think if your mustang is clean, nice setup, wheels, suspension, paint etc...you get more attention from other mustangers. i've actually been annoyed with a couple mustang guys that followed me into a couple store parking lots to take pics while in the middle of a heated argument with the wifey lol. seriously

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
I try to acknowledge other mustang owners by doing the nod and two finger lift off of the steering wheel. Sometimes I get it back and sometimes I get ignored. I do however get more revs and flybys from the lifted silverados and rams with their billy pipes sticking out of the bed...

Whistler98

Reaction score
I usually give a thumbs up. That's what ppl do to me when driving the fox or my old trucks. The sn not so much yet.

Caboose302

Reaction score
Cincinnati must be Mustang friendly then. I am constantly getting compliments and other mustang drivers waving at me. Went to a cruise in on Sunday and it was a huge mix of cars. Had compliments coming from all age groups there.
That's why Cincinnati is cool and the Dayton domestic car scene sucks. Too many stanced Civics and Golfs.
Never get anything from people with 05+. Usually other SN drivers are ok. Fox bodies are 50/50. My buddy has a jeep and we go driving around quite a bit in it and it amazes me how many jeep owners wave at each other. It's every single damn one.

9838stang

Reaction score
:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

I try to wave as much as i can to other mustang owners. or at least if i cant wave, i'll nod to them

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
For as long as I have owned mustang, its always been that way. Mustang people seem to think they are elite, especially the new edge and terminator guys. However, that's not all mustang folk. Now I just don't even wave or thumbs up, nor check their car out so as to not feed their ego. I get more love from coyote owners than anything before the 11+.

To summarize: Mustangs are gay. lol

Actually it is the opposite, we don't do tiddly fingers at each other sooooo. :cool:

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
i think if your mustang is clean, nice setup, wheels, suspension, paint etc...you get more attention from other mustangers.

This. My 98 cobra is as above and gets tons of waves and nothing but compliments, be it a mustang owner or a bmw owner... FRS owner etc. But in my 97 BONE STOCK, bouncy suspension with paint that needs clear coat on hood roof and trunk its the opposite....work trucks ride your ass....hondas rev at you thinking they "can take you."..dump truck jake-brakes unnecessarily on your ass kicking rocks everywhere.... never had a problem with other mustangs though..... be it at meets or random highway encounters its all friendly in both my 97 or 98.

worst in my area....2ed place goes to any honda with dents, that custom oxidation rust and fart cannons. But 4-5gen camaros seem to take the cake. Just for an example a guy around here has a silver v6 gen 5 he revs his tuner sounding car at ALL common traffic..hes actually done it to several common cars that have no place being reved at...example guy attempted to mess with a dodge caravan with revs and hand gestures.... Goes straight in the left turn only lane at lights..typical ricer stuff...literally sounds like a nissan or close to an infinity with cheap exhaust. But when he runs into my boltons 4.6 or my neighbors 5.0 around town his face goes white and instantly becomes shy! NO REVS.. no eye contact... no hello... and then trys to leave the area asap LOLLL. Im not one to look for a wave every mustang i see, but i wouldn't ignore ANYONE trying to get my attention either...Some drivers make absolutely no sense to me ... i could go on and on...but i will stop here :grin: I guess my area is mixed with cocky chevy owners and friendly ford owners..then the rest lucky me:)

Mr.Eman

Reaction score
I get thumbs up and waves from fellow Mustang owners around me for the most part. I will agree the SN197 and Terminator crowds not so much.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online