Where to mount alarm siren

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
My installer didn't know where to mount on my mustang. Where are some spots for the siren. Currently I'm using my horn as the alarm but it's weak.

Also what's stopping someone from stealing a manual car when remote start is on. On auromatic u push brake to get into gear and the car turns off if the key is not in ignition when brake is pressed. But on stick shifts u don't need the brake to drive off. So it can be stolen long as you dont use brake. Is this a flaw??

By the way I have a newer alarm in the car with a shut down sequence in order for remote start to be used. The car stays on when u turn the key to off and get out car.. Then when your outside the car you lock the doors or the doors lock them self.. locking you out side the car with the car running. Which obviously means it in nuetral. The car shuts down soon as the door locks which activates the remote start stand by mode for stick shifts

* Sent from tapatalk while sitting on the toilet at work*

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
I would install it above the plastic fenderwell on the passenger side personally

Will it stay there. Your taking about inside the fender well where the horn in located in but in the passenger side instead.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Truthfully you could mount it next to the horn if you wanted to. But yes that's exactly where I am talking about

Awesome. Do you know anything about my second question i edited in:

Also what's stopping someone from stealing a manual car when remote start is on. On automatics u push brake to get into gear and the car turns off if the key is not in ignition when brake is pressed. But on stick shifts u don't need the brake to drive off. So it can be stolen long as you dont use brake. Is this a flaw??

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
No sir I've never used one in a stick but I know the car has to be in neutral and also ebrake on otherwise the remote start typically won't work. It's a safety feature on manuals. Also the remote start will not work if the door has been opened after initial exit of the vehicle. I believe that operates of the keyless entry. I think that's how it ensures your car doesn't get stolen... Leave it locked when you start it and no one can get in

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
No sir I've never used one in a stick but I know the car has to be in neutral and also ebrake on otherwise the remote start typically won't work. It's a safety feature on manuals. Also the remote start will not work if the door has been opened after initial exit of the vehicle. I believe that operates of the keyless entry. I think that's how it ensures your car doesn't get stolen... Leave it locked when you start it and no one can get in

I'm going to test it out tomorrow. Hopefully the car turns off if the alarm is still armed while someone get in without a key. Just don't wanna make it easier to take lol

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
your installer doesn't know where to put a siren in a mustang? Strange problem, honestly should not be an issue. I am sticking mine up inside the drivers side fender where there will be no access to it nor its wiring to cut or disable it.

I guess your right if someone got around your alarm and then wanted to take the remote start/e-brake they could take it down the road but it would be easier to hook it up too a tow truck and drag it off before you would know. Worse yet if they know that much about your car honestly they would only need to tap 2 wires on the alarm to completely bypass the alarm/remote start so hopefully your guy that can't find a place for the siren, found a very secure place for the brain.....

The point of the exit sequence is so the car knows its in neutral. If the door is opened it has no way of knowing so it should disable the remote start if the alarm is active, or even if it isn't. For example if you did the sequence, but then disabled it, opened a door and then armed it, it should not let you remote start it again. If you disarmed it but did not open a door it should let you start it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Staff online

Members online