Where would you mount this QH cable?

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I wanted to utilize the bulkhead fitting to "permanently" install my QH chip and stop leaving the computer in the floor board. It's been there for a few years now :rofl: In true hot rodder fashion, I used a thin aluminum data plate from a Crouse-Hinds explosion proof switch box to fashion a mount.

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
8324b85021cf5d5e1b4a51c95ea627b5.jpg

26dc89bae78445afc2a1764d65a306fb.jpg

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
On my 95 I put it on the in the ash tray first had scott cut me a small aluminum plate that would fit over it.. then I move it to the Glove box.. the black plastic on the back side.. You can push the tabs on the sides and the Glove box will come all the way down.. I cut a small hole and screwd it there.. all I had to do was open my glove box and plug in..

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Is it possible that you could remove the OBD2 port and replace it with what you have in it's spot?

Possibly, but I don't think the cable is long enough to reach the driver's side. It could reach the passenger side of the "center stack" easily

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have to wonder how hard it would be to take the lock cylinder out of the glove box and mount it in that hole. When was the last time you actually locked your glove box? I forgot I had a long on it until I looked at the pic above. The cylinder should be long/deep enough to allow for the space. I am going to try and put mine there.

ProKiller

Reaction score
won't it reach to inside the ashtray? that would be my vote. get a switch panel in there and have it mounted in one of the holes. otherwise, i think the bottom of the glove box would work well.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the cable I have is about 3ft long and would be lucky to make it to the consol at all. There is probably a replacement version that is longer somewhere but idunno

The key hole should be pretty easy honestly as it should have the depth and a mounting hole to hold it in place. IT would be a little fun to see who actually noticed it and it would be super convenient for plugging it in and setting up the pc either on the pass seat. I am probably going QH myself and got the chip/cable.

Ballistic

Reaction score
I have to wonder how hard it would be to take the lock cylinder out of the glove box and mount it in that hole. When was the last time you actually locked your glove box? I forgot I had a long on it until I looked at the pic above. The cylinder should be long/deep enough to allow for the space. I am going to try and put mine there.

I didn't even know the glove box locked until a few months ago lol..

Addermk2

Reaction score
Mine is mounted to the center console. I drilled a hole and mounted the connector behind the plastic.

cameron57

Reaction score
Put mine in glove box drill a round whole and you only see it when you open glove at back along lip

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online