which brand clutch adj. to get?

Maniak87

Reaction score
i am looking to get a firewall and clutch quadrant adjusters. there are so many different brands out there.

brands considering:

UPR
Fiore

what are you guys using or what do u recomend?

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
i have a brand new UPR triple hook quadrant that im not gonna use..if you want it let me know. O0

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have a steeda adj quad and a Steeda adj cable.......I love them both, I have complete adjustability of my set up. :)

blackfang

Reaction score
You have been lucky.

I have seen alot of people including myself either brake adj cables or stretch them out to where they are no good. Never again will I use them.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Seriously get a stock cable and fiore micro click adjuster and firewall quadrant.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
blackfang said:
You have been lucky.

I have seen alot of people including myself either brake adj cables or stretch them out to where they are no good. Never again will I use them.

what brand did you have? Maybe it was just a poorly made product :dunno: I had a adj cable on my 91GT and on my 99 Cobra now. The 91 cable was ran for about 2 years, then I sold the car......dont know if its still on there or not. The one in my Cobra was gotten new and has been in for a year now......no probs with it.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
When i was looking into getting my stuff i ran into a lot of bad stuff about adj cable. Most of the clutch adj companies even reccomend stock cables

blackfang

Reaction score
Snakebit- I had the BBK adj cable. All the ones that I have heard break or stretch were UPR, Steeda and BBK. I had the same thinking too until I went to nail 3rd gear at the dragstrip only to see the clutch pedal stick to the floor and have no pressure coming up. SVTP has a few threads where people have broken their aftermarket cables atleast 5 times and another guy broke 2 UPR cables in 7 months. I have had friends that had the same thing happen to them. It is very well known that only the stock Cable or the MM universal cable are the two to use.

If you think it was a poorly made cable, then so be it. I offered the info on it and still will advise anyone else to get a stock cable from Ford or the Maximum Motorsports one.

blackfang

Reaction score
I refuse to post up the several threads about these cables.

In the span of 10 minutes I found atleast 6 threads on SVTP, and 10+ on the Corral and a few on Modularfords.com of aftermarket cables breaking.

blackfang

Reaction score
When mine went out I did get a Ford one from the dealer for 50 bucks :banana:

OP
OP
M

Maniak87

Reaction score
so it looks like i will go with fiore. i'd be fine using my stock cable, no sense getting a new one right?

S

scarface

Maniak87 said:
so it looks like i will go with fiore. i'd be fine using my stock cable, no sense getting a new one right?
I am using my stock cable with no problems :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.