which cams?

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
i have a vortech sq trim sitting in my room, and am going to get that installed with a PI intake, a boost pipe, and a mini race bpv. Once i get this dyno tuned and installed i am going to begin to save up for a paxton a/a intercooler and some blower cams. I have the cams down to two choices...just wondering which you guys would go with? both are close to $800 total (cams and springs)...

1) Crower stage II NON PI S/C cams

2) Custom grind MPH cams

I have been told by some to get the crowers because a couple buddies of mine have said they heard i can get close to 35rwhp from them...but i know mph is a great company too??? just let me know which one you guys would go with..thanks

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think either would kick ass!

I'd go custom, if it were me. but seriously either one would be sweet.
I've heard a lot of good feedback on the crowers.... and MPH kicks ass.

So, I really didn't answer your question... lol.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
haha thats the exact problem im having...both are reputable companies, both will produce some great gaines, just can't decide which one!! has anybody had personal experience with either of these cams first hand and highly recommend one over the other??

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
My buddy has the crowers, stage 3 in his car.

I'd go with a custom grind, it would probably be more efficient?!

Anyone else agree?

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
thats what i was originally thinking...until my buddy told me he got 35rwhp from the crowers...i can't imagine getting any more than that from just blower cams?? :dunno:

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If you have an option then you always go with a custom grind. Tim at MPH knows his shit and i bet you gain more HP with a set of cams he custom specs for you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online