Which color wheels?

Pitbull_SN95

Reaction score
I'm changing a few things around on my car and the wheel color is one. I painted the calipers gold, and thinking flat black wheels might look good on the car. I'm not sure if they should be all flat black, leave the chrome lip with the rest flat black or just leave them they way they were and ignore the white lettering, it's coming off.

vx64xRs.jpg
XEOexlk.jpg
tN4edVf.jpg
Dn3aWOR.jpg
fEfRr83.jpg
poQURoa.jpg
zufljts.jpg

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I would personally wanna see them fully polished. Dark colors against blue doesn't look good at all in my opinion.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I would personally wanna see them fully polished. Dark colors against blue doesn't look good at all in my opinion.

This ^ polished or chrome wheels on blue look so nice. Dark wheels just make the vehicle look dull.

Sent from bored/stroked iPhone 6 Plus

97svt#799

Reaction score
I'm kinda old school, I'm a chrome/polished aluminum wheel kinda guy (but do like Orange94's thought of gold). Black wheels just remind me of the old beaters I used to drive missing hub caps lol. No offence to anyone with black wheels though.:wink:

OP
OP
Pitbull_SN95

Pitbull_SN95

Reaction score

Witzy0070

Reaction score
Yeah, go for it man. Plus layering the powders gives you even more color options to choose from. Getting into powder coating is pretty affordable. Just like painting it's all about the prep work. I have access to a good blast cabinet with many medias to choose from.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
powder is easy right up to the point that you need an oven to bake it in. I almost picked up an oven a neighbor was getting rid of after upgrading for this but even with that it means you are stuck doing one wheel at a time. I have recently had some parts done by a local powder coater and been happy with the service and his product. He didn't have the color I wanted so he ordered it for me and got enough to do my wheels in the same burned copper color.

3561141417112170-558431854e.jpg

Witzy0070

Reaction score
Yeah, I had to have my electrician buddy wire in a 220 outlet for another oven. But for smaller items I use a monster toaster oven. Especially for cerakote.

bottlefed97

Reaction score
Before you worry about the color of the wheels you should be focusing on lowering the car and getting rid of that wheel gap.