Which Fluidyne should I get?

tajmas

Reaction score
What's the difference between a Fluidyne rad. for a '96 and one for a '97-'04. The reason I ask is because I have a '96 GT w/ a'99 motor. So do I want get a '96 radiator, or a '97-'04, radiator. And where would the best place to get one be? MM has them for $460, bur that seemed pretty salty, as specially before shipping. Also are they direct bolt-ons? What kind of fans are best to get, and where? Plus I'm guessing I should up-grade the water pump also, not suer what to do with that either. Planning on a motor buid-up with a KB, in the future. Any experienced suggestions would be appreciated, thankx.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Check ebay, i got mine for under $400 shipped new.
You will want one for a 96 even if you have a PI engine...unless your car recieved the silent recall which upgraded the fan/radiator to 97 spec. I don't know how to tell the difference visually between the fans so i can't help you out anymore with that :)
For a waterpump a was gonna go with a Meziere electric but for $330+ i decided to go with a Stewart Components unit for $150. You can buy them from Sean Hyland Motorsports or direct from Stewart Components... :google2: will find you the website.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
Not to hijack the thread but what are the benefits of a better radiator such as the fluidyne? And what is so bad about the 96 cooling system?

powerfreak

Reaction score
Red96GT said:
Not to hijack the thread but what are the benefits of a better radiator such as the fluidyne? And what is so bad about the 96 cooling system?

Aluminum is lighter, dissipates heat better, and I'm pretty sure the Fluidyne has a larger capacity.

From what I hear, Ford re-designed the cooling system in '97 because of some problems in the '96's.

jEEd

Reaction score
gah i'll have to check my uncle's stang once its outta the shop, i know for a fact he has a fluidyne w/ a 351 swap & more. my meter stick doesnt go that much pass the middle of the "NORMAL" like M max. and i have a 96..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online