which grey sem paint/dye?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I need to match an airbag I have to the rest of my grey interior. I know a few of you have dyed pieces and had good luck, anyone remember which one was good for the grey in the grey/black interior of a 94?

trebor3170

Reaction score
If you're not in a big hurry, you can get a SEM colorcoat chip card from TCP global, it is an actual chip chart, not a printed sheet. It's $7.00 with free shipping. I've always found it's best to use your own judgement when trying to match colors. I used SEM colorcoats on mine, and it holds up really well, much better than the Duplicolor vinyl paint.

https://tcpglobal.com/collections/paint-color-charts/products/sem-vcs-cc_3#bottom

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I was excited to get the dye yesterday and get right at it. After a few coats it looked good as new and I figured it will look nice when it slides in. Of course then I went to slide it in and it sticks out about a 1/2". After closer look it appears the bracket it mounts to got bent when the old one went off. I have already bent it back a little bit but its a pretty sturdy piece of steel and its hard to get to through the hole. If its too damn difficult I will have to start thinking of making a cover and what I can mount behind it. But the color looks pretty close. I think if I cleaned my dash it would be a nice match but at this point I am debating getting the BFH out to fix this, cleaning is last on my mind.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it looks like I might not have the right air bag, this one might be from a 99. If anyone has one they can sell let me know.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online