Which heads?

OP
OP
I

Itsaiight5.0

Reaction score
I feel like I'm not worthy seeing as y'all's knowledge, (and wallets), exceeds mine. However I do appreciate tha info.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I feel like I'm not worthy seeing as y'all's knowledge, (and wallets), exceeds mine. However I do appreciate tha info.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

All of that comes with time. Before you know it you’ll have surpassed the book value of your car with cylinder heads alone.

joe65

Reaction score
yeah for anyone not knowing who Ed is....read everything he posts and learn some stuff.

TT94SVT

Reaction score
GT40 heads have weak decks. I have warped a few sets. They are a great bang for the buck if you keep the power level low! If you plan on making big power in the future put arp head studs and MLS gaskets in now. If you plan on driving NA there is nothing wrong with GT40 heads, head bolts, and felpro gaskets. My first boosted setup was a stock cobra engine with gt40 iron heads. The gt40 parts hold their value well so even if you buy them you can re sell on ebay easily if you upgrade later. Removing the heads is easy just use a PULLEY PULLER ON THE POWER STEERING PUMP PULLEY, otherwise you will find out that they don't make replacements lol. Clean the deck surface veryyyyy well use copper spray on the gaskets if using head bolts you better clean the threads out several times.

beyondEOD

Reaction score
GT40 heads have weak decks. I have warped a few sets. They are a great bang for the buck if you keep the power level low! If you plan on making big power in the future put arp head studs and MLS gaskets in now. If you plan on driving NA there is nothing wrong with GT40 heads, head bolts, and felpro gaskets. My first boosted setup was a stock cobra engine with gt40 iron heads. The gt40 parts hold their value well so even if you buy them you can re sell on ebay easily if you upgrade later. Removing the heads is easy just use a PULLEY PULLER ON THE POWER STEERING PUMP PULLEY, otherwise you will find out that they don't make replacements lol. Clean the deck surface veryyyyy well use copper spray on the gaskets if using head bolts you better clean the threads out several times.
You using copper spray on the felpro 9333?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

TT94SVT

Reaction score
You using copper spray on the felpro 9333?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I’ve actually used them with and without. Without copper I could get about 10 pounds of boost before having issues. With copper spray I could get away with 16psi. This was using arp head bolts as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.