Which Intake?

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Whats a good Intake for my car? Also, can you please put in the price and gains I can expect.

95 Sleeper

Reaction score
Holley Systemax II New 569. You can find them on the Corral for 425 shipped used. The gain is different from car to car.

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
you might want to get some good heads if your gonna go with any aftermarket intake esp the holley systemax..... just a thought

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
SvtBlack95 said:
you might want to get some good heads if your gonna go with any aftermarket intake esp the holley systemax..... just a thought

What would happen if he put it on the car now? Would the car loose power all over?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Stopsign32v said:
SvtBlack95 said:
you might want to get some good heads if your gonna go with any aftermarket intake esp the Holley systemax..... just a thought

What would happen if he put it on the car now? Would the car loose power all over?

I can speak from experience on this ::) on my 91 we tried ( just for kicks ) a Holley intake with the stock heads and a e-303 cam and it SUCKED :nonono: The air that comes into that intake is huge, then it hits those small ports on the stock heads and goes everywhere killing your cfm flow and causing poor power all over the rpm band. Needless to say this was only a day experiment on my car and by the end of the week I had my new edelbrock heads with the matching rpm intake too boot.
If you want to run a intake like that get heads to go with it or you will be sorry. However if you run a Cobra or GT-40 or even a edelbrock performer you will be much better off with one of those if you cant buy heads right now. They will perform fairly well with the stock heads and will defiantly be better than that HUGE Holley intake on stock heads.

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
I was thinking about going with da Cobra. What kind of gains could I expect if i went that route?

95 Sleeper

Reaction score
CanaryGT said:
I was thinking about going with da Cobra. What kind of gains could I expect if i went that route?
It is a very good intake. O know where you can get one for 300.00

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
CanaryGT said:

with the stock heads gains will be minimal but somewhere around 10rwhp could be gotten with it

G_94_T

Reaction score
i have a Cobra and as snakebit said gains are minimal....the stock heads flow around 148cfm,the stock intake around 144cfm so with a better flowing intake you'll only see about a 4cfm improvement,cause the heads can only flow so much.....(head flow numbers are using the stock cam).......a stock Cobra flows around 198cfm average

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
G_94_T said:
i have a Cobra and as snakebit said gains are minimal....the stock heads flow around 148cfm,the stock intake around 144cfm so with a better flowing intake you'll only see about a 4cfm improvement,cause the heads can only flow so much.....(head flow numbers are using the stock cam).......a stock Cobra flows around 198cfm average

nice post :thumb:

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Which one would cost more Money, AFR or Trick flow? I know that Trick flow has a higher CFM, but what about AFR with a C&C port job?

G_94_T

Reaction score
nice post :thumb:
[/quote]

ive done some research...... ;)

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
Id get a nice set of afr 165's if possible and as for intake I've only heard good things about trickflow. Which would probably run around 300-400.

Stangbangin

Reaction score
I would def get heads and intakes at the same time....to me it's a pain having to take the intake back off later to put your heads on.... before I got my trick flow heads I ran the trick flow intake with the stockers and there was a big increase in power but some obviously flat spots in the power band. if you don't want to spend a 1000 on aftermarket heads get some cast iron gt40 which had bigger intake and exhaust ports..I found some on ebay for 300 bucks..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online