Which is the better route?...

96gt226410

Reaction score
I have a 96 Mustang and it sucks being that slow. I've been wanting to do a PI motor swap, but I realize I can't afford it. Then I was thinking about a regular PI swap, but now I'm not so sure. If I just swapped the stock PI cams and intake, I'd make good power and only be spending about $350. A PI swap is going to be around $1,500. I could save over $1,000 and just make about 10-15 less horse power. I'm not looking to get 350 RWHP, just a quicker car. Maybe down the road, I'd buy the heads and p&p them, but to spend $1,000 to make 10-15 more horse doesn't seem worth it to me. Not to mention the raise in compression and the extra time to install it all... What do you guys think? Has anyone just swapped the cams and intake?

Rantheman

Reaction score
P.I. cams and an intake Is a very good Route if you can't afford much. But just remember you will need intake adapter for optimal use of the intake you can run with out adapter but you will not see the total gain. But good route I would do it. Then down the road you can buy heads or motor and throw some biger cams in!

S

scarface

PI cams and intake would be good. Make sure you get bolt on cam gears...If not you will spend almost as much money having them instaled as the PI headswap.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online