Which muffler

Carnage281

Reaction score
Finally about to make my move on some mufflers for my car, and I have narrowed it down to two. Hooker maxflow or Flowtech terminators. The mufflers are going with an o/r x pipe too, so which muffler do you guys think sounds better on a 2v 4.6?

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
I've heard nothing but good things about the Spintech... Haven't heard the Hookers on a 2v so I can't comment on those. Although they are Hooker lol so I'm sure they sound pretty good

OP
OP
Carnage281

Carnage281

Reaction score
I've heard nothing but good things about the Spintech... Haven't heard the Hookers on a 2v so I can't comment on those. Although they are Hooker lol so I'm sure they sound pretty good
Yeah the only things I have to go on are these videos.

Flowtech > [video=youtube;0WF9dvW5l7g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WF9dvW5l7g[/video]

Hooker Maxflow> [video=metacafe;637026/1999_mustang_gt_hooker_maxflow_mufflers_idle_rev_s]http://www.metacafe.com/watch/637026/1999_mustang_gt_hooker_maxflow_mufflers_idle_rev_s ounds/[/video]

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Hmm based off those vids I have to say I like the Hooker better.. A lot better actually. Sounds very good! Minus all the background noise and terrible vid quality haha

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Spintech is different but not in a bad way. The sound of the mufflers really depend on if an X-pipe, H-pipe, or straight pipe is used.
X-pipe = raspy
H-pipe= mix of blurble and raspy
Straight = blurble

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
With an offroad X I'd say SLP LM2s.. It'll give you that real loud (nascar loud) tone and imo sound badass on 4.6 2Vs.. I've personally heard a 4.6 with a catted X and SLP LM2s, offroad X and Borlas (idk which ones. sounded like shit to me, but i guess blown headgaskets make the car sound worse).. On a 4.6 spintech super pro streets sound badass.. You gonna want the car like holy shit loud all the time? Might attract some negative attention if ya know what i mean.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Spintech is different but not in a bad way. The sound of the mufflers really depend on if an X-pipe, H-pipe, or straight pipe is used.
X-pipe = raspy
H-pipe= mix of blurble and raspy
Straight = blurble

my brother just got a set of spintech super pro street 9000s for his fox, with bbk longtubes and offroad x.. haha

wildman97

Reaction score
I have spintech pro-streets with an o/r h-pipe.
[video=youtube;jevsI50aWc8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jevsI50aWc8[/video]
[video=youtube;c-XMRt22dQM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-XMRt22dQM[/video]

Justang

Reaction score
OP is asking Hooker or FLOWtech, not SPINtech. Different brands.

If I had to choose, my vote is for Hooker.

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
I would go with a different brand all together.

And the muffler should be mated with the proper midpipe.

X = bullet style
H = chambered

I can only say so much because I am a 4v. But LM2s are not overly loud. LM1s are the loudest. But both sound awesome

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Flowtech Terminators are loud.. I've never heard Hookers.. So I'd lean with the Terminators with an offroad X.

RonBurgandy

Reaction score
slps all day i just grabbed some for my 5.0

Brought to you from a a land far far far very far veryy very far away

5-oh-MUSTANG

Reaction score
slps all day i just grabbed some for my 5.0

Which mid pipe? Catted? Got a sound clip?
I currently have Regular chambered Magnaflows, with a magnaflow catted X. It sounds deep but i wanna go louder and am gonna go slp1's. Slp1 only sound good with cats, if not go with magnapacks with an offroad or slp2

RonBurgandy

Reaction score
Righy now i have bbk long tubes with bbk o/r x and mac cat back. With 3in tips. And its pretty loud with the chambered mufflers. A buddy has an 01 bullit with shorties. O/r h and slp lm2 dumps. And its amazing so i had.to get me a set. When they come it ill be swapping them out and sound clip.

OP
OP
Carnage281

Carnage281

Reaction score
With an offroad X I'd say SLP LM2s.. It'll give you that real loud (nascar loud) tone and imo sound badass on 4.6 2Vs.. I've personally heard a 4.6 with a catted X and SLP LM2s, offroad X and Borlas (idk which ones. sounded like shit to me, but i guess blown headgaskets make the car sound worse).. On a 4.6 spintech super pro streets sound badass.. You gonna want the car like holy shit loud all the time? Might attract some negative attention if ya know what i mean.
Lol yeah I get what your saying. I would be the least of their worries, down here in the country diesel trucks are loud enough to vibrate my windows in my car lol. I drive like a grandma anyway, and I just want my car to sound mean while I'm driving. I've considered the spintech super pro streets, and I don't really like that blatty sound they make when paired with an o/r x on deceleration.

OP
OP
Carnage281

Carnage281

Reaction score
I wish I could find something that sounds like the frpp m55 mufflers.

OP
OP
Carnage281

Carnage281

Reaction score
Or something that sounds like this. [video=youtube;s5_NNPviGoQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5_NNPviGoQ[/video]

From what he told me he has two dynomax race bullets mounted right after the header and two dumped off before the axle. I would go with that set up, but I'm not sure how it sounds with tailpipes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online

No members online now.