which mufflers???

shocar4

Reaction score
okay here is the situation....97 cobra with o/r H pipe and flowmasters....one flow started rattling like crazy and I am not liking it!!! so I have listened to so many sound clips that they are starting to sound alike....what are some personal opinions on mufflers....I have read alot about super 44 flowmasters???

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
magnapacks ftw! I don't have them but my goodness they sound amazing! Also try Borla mufflers they sound old school too.
I have super 44's on my GT and it sounds good with a bbk x pipe. I definitely don't want that set up on my Cobra though, it got old pretty quick to me.

joekd

Reaction score
Magnapacks, i do have them and love them, you simply won't find a more aggressive sound without going straight pipes

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
swap to an O/R x and get some LM2s.... you will not be disappointed.. or a borla set... Mac will sound good on our cars or magnaflow.. cant remember.. Damnit! whatever Ciotti has

BigTang

Reaction score
Magnapacks, don't even think twice about it. I love the fact that the car is perfectly quiet inside at cruise and then you can't hear anything but ROAR at WOT.

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
5litrarag said:
Bassani Bx mufflers.
Not exactly the same combo, but believe me, they sound good even on a modular. hahhaa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N6KjC4JctA

OH dang!! Is that your car???!!! I've watched this vid many times on youtube, just can't get enough of it haha. Sounds like a muscle car at first than sounds like an exotic as it passes ha. NICE!!!!

5litrarag

Reaction score
1997GT4.6 said:
5litrarag said:
Bassani Bx mufflers.
Not exactly the same combo, but believe me, they sound good even on a modular. hahhaa

OH dang!! Is that your car???!!! I've watched this vid many times on youtube, just can't get enough of it haha. Sounds like a muscle car at first than sounds like an exotic as it passes ha. NICE!!!!

No, not mine...its a good friend of mine. I shot the video...
but like I said, Bassani BX mufflers. Cant go wrong.

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
5litrarag said:
1997GT4.6 said:
5litrarag said:
Bassani Bx mufflers.

No, not mine...its a good friend of mine. I shot the video...
but like I said, Bassani BX mufflers. Cant go wrong.

Oh nice either way. Sounds pretty good to me. Still magnapacks for me though

Modidy

Reaction score
I have the magnapacks on my 01 GT, and they sound great! Had Flomaster 40's on my 94 GT, which I liked too, but love the magnapacks on the 01 much better! Like someone said earlier, the magnapacks don't have a rediculous drone in the cabin while cruising. Get them over 3.5K rpm and they sing!

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Agreed Bassani BX !!!! I have them on my car and should sound killer with a O/R X with some shorty's ohh and a V1-Strim will help also.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online