Which path to take? 4v vs 2v?

Mcintosh325

Reaction score
Sup guys, I got my car about a year ago when i was 17 and now I think I'm ready for some engine mods. I plan on buying a 4.6 block from a junkyard and rebuilding it. I need some help on which heads will produce the most power. id it better to get trick flow twisted 2v heads, port some 4v cobra heads, or port pi heads? Thanks. -Scott

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
Power goal

Intent: drag racing road course etc.

Budget? Or we could put them in order of most affordable to most expensive

The D3V

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You don't have to port 4v heads honestly. I like saying that I have a little 2v that I built up but I bought my car new and had a big investment.

If I were buying one of these cars now I would look for a 4v. So much easier to make fast and the 4v looks bad ass too.

Now a built 2v can make 1000hp but you will have to upgrade just about everything. A 4v really just needs a built short block and boost and you can do 600 easy.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Enjoy a 4v, id never own one unless I wanted to waste more money. Tfs non ported or pi ported for me

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Enjoy a 4v, id never own one unless I wanted to waste more money. Tfs non ported or pi ported for me

I really want to try a set of pi ported.... How much do they typically run?

Sorry to thread jack.. I'm voting for 2v

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Caboose302

Reaction score
My ported PI heads were about $3200 for the porting and small custom cams. And they flow about as well as 4V "C" heads IIRC. I'd go 4V but it's still more money. Especially when you think that to rebuild the heads you have to buy twice as much of everything.

Sent from mah Obamafone

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online