Which SC on my stock internals Cobra

SLITH3R96

Reaction score
Well give me your opinions on which charger/blower to throw on. Its my next mod and was just wondering which works best with my cars stock internals :dunno: I dont want to blow anything but I do want to drive it hard once and a while. I was going to go with Vortech at 9#s with aftercooler (450ish HP.) Give me your opinions....

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
SLITH3R96 said:
Well give me your opinions on which charger/blower to throw on. Its my next mod and was just wondering which works best with my cars stock internals :dunno: I dont want to blow anything but I do want to drive it hard once and a while. I was going to go with Vortech at 9#s with aftercooler (450ish HP.) Give me your opinions....

Call me bias against other blowers but the KB is the hot ticket right now :dancing6: :banana: :bunny3:, of course any blower like the Vortech, Pro-charger, Paxton would be fine. Just be sure to run a cooler on whatever blower you go with. I like the KB's myself because of the instant boost at low rpm, compared to the centrifugal blowers that make boost as the engine makes rpm's. Take your pick you cant go wrong with any of them. 8) Just dont get greedy with the boost level and your stock engine...........that does not make for a good combo to run 16lbs of boost and a factory bottom end.

97vertstang

Reaction score
with ur 4.10 gears i would get a vortech.like snakebit said a kenne belle makes instant boost.but im pretty sure u got traction problems as it is??? vortech starts making boost around 3500 rpm so that would get u out of the whole into 7000 rpms!!!! slther96, ask pacecar435(carlos) for a ride in his car.ull be wanting a vortech after that :naughty:

OP
OP
S

SLITH3R96

Reaction score
Good idea with that take a ride thing.... tell him I close (2:00 to 11:00) for the next week, and to stop by my work, otherwise ill call him :thumb: The kenne bell doesnt have a intercooler unit on it and from what GTR has told me, its not good on a stock block. I do have traction issues now but when the SC goes in Ill swap back to the stock 3:27s in my closet or 3:55s. I honestly want the Vortech just so I could feel a vortech AND my stock imrcs kick in at 3500 rpms while W.O.T :dancing6: :banana:

Going to the track the 23th to see what she runs with the semi-current dyno numbers

97vertstang

Reaction score
i would keep the 4.10s with the vortech, just get some drag radials and some LCAs so u can hook.ill tell him to stop by. i dont know what shift he has though.

94pacecar435

Reaction score
hey slither wutz up man. i get tuesday off so ill stop by. I talked to the guy from outlaws about running ur car against his. he wants to run them as it is since he has no tires either. let me know what u think

OP
OP
S

SLITH3R96

Reaction score
I got off tuesday but Ill meet you at my work anyway.... around 2ish. We'll talk then. Im getting some wheel spacers and mounting the 275s on the stock rim for now, the current 255s are rubbing on my exhaust. For some reason I remember him hooking up when we raced that night in my GT. Unless hes got the stock 3:27s.

97vertstang

Reaction score
carlos told me he has 3.73s dont take my word for it though :dunno:

OP
OP
S

SLITH3R96

Reaction score
97vertstang said:
carlos told me he has 3.73s dont take my word for it though :dunno:
Honestly I dont think so after taking a ride today in the car... i get as much rubber (1st - 3rd, and I have chirped 4th ;D) as he does with 280whp and 4:10s. Its probably around 350-400ish to the wheels, feels like stock gears or 355s maybe... either wayvery Nice car 94pacecar :thumb: BTW you should add "a set of very badly warped rotors" to your modlist :rollinglaugh:

wopony98

Reaction score
Well I did the same. I went out and bought the Vortech SQ1 from Steeda. I however don't have a stock motor or suspension. My axle and transmission are stock and I am sure I will have issues eventually with my axel. I am being told with my mods I have now and a good tune I will be putting down over 500 hp to the rear wheels. I also have 4:10 gears and a buddy of mine has 4:10 gears in his 03 Cobra that has 520rwhp. He loves his gears. Then he also drags his cobra at the strip. I hope to have the car done and put together by the 22nd. I will dyno and post numbers. Can't wait to see what it will do. I don't plan to run more than 8lbs of boost (keep it safe). Good luck with your set up.

OP
OP
S

SLITH3R96

Reaction score
I hope keep the horsepower down to 450 or so. Anymore and i think ill go boom :nonono:

97vertstang

Reaction score
the guy with green cobra is the one that i think has 3.73s.
CARLOS i know for sure he has 3.73s.

97vertstang

Reaction score
hey slither
it wasnt our plan for all those guys to go, just the guy with green cobra, all the other guys just came. those were some good runs!!!!! get some tires and some suspension work and that thing is gonna fly!!!! clean ur maf!!!!! believe me it will make a difference!!!

OP
OP
S

SLITH3R96

Reaction score
I like that new avatar that chick is smoking :thumb: It was kinda a bad day for me, not car wise but girl wise :'(

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
ok first off, there are plenty of fish in the sea to be sad over a girl that doesnt want to waste as much time as you do her. So buck up, you have a hot car cruise the strip or something. :khobra: 2nd. i have a 1.5L KB at 11PSI on stock internals w/ 3.73's. Yes i have traction issues but its fun. 291HP and 380TQ

jpajkos

Reaction score
I don;t know man I sure do like those intercooled Prochargers. They make awesome power and plus ATI imo is a great company.

OP
OP
S

SLITH3R96

Reaction score
good question... what are the prices for the setups out there....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online