Which shocks/struts for the street (on a budget)???

powerfreak

Reaction score
I have a '96GT w/ stock suspension...looking for decent struts/shocks without spending a ton of $$. I want the car to handle good on the street...probably never going to see a track.

I can get a set of Tokico HP's for $269...seems like a good option. Are there any others that would be better...in that price range (or less).

Magic

Reaction score
You can look into the KYB GR2s....but I would rather stick with the Tokico HPs.....

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The KYB are not bad if your on a budget and they offer an adjustable set for the cost of a non adj from other company's...

And if you are looking for a nice shock/strut/spring set you can get the Bullit kit from Ford Racing which includes Tokico Blues and Ford Springs and thicker sway bars and that kit sells for about $400 and will lower your car alittle over an inch and improve handling.

OP
OP
P

powerfreak

Reaction score
thanks guys. I ordered the Tokico HP's. Looks like my car still has the original shocks/struts, so I'm sure they'll make a HUGE difference. :dancing6:

ajspellm

Reaction score
i am looking for the bullitt suspension kit kind of and i am just wondering where you have found it for around $400? that seems like a really good price for all that you get. thanks

Magic

Reaction score

voidfinger

Reaction score
yea i got the gr'2's and i just need to get some b or c springs before i put them on. I'm tired of these prokit, its too low.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online