Which side is Bank 2

SUTHRNSTANG97GT

Reaction score
I went to AUTOZONE and they hooked there comp. up to my car and it said (sensor malfunction on bank 2, but I dont know which side is bank 2, Thanks for any help.

monkeydude3

Reaction score
Bank 1 is usually driver's side, bank 2 is usually passenger side. Probably just need an O2 sensor... did it say upstream or downstream?

Upstream is the one before the cat, downstream is the one after the cat

What kinda exhaust you runnin? :)

Outlaw97GT

Reaction score
monkeydude3 said:
Bank 1 is usually driver's side, bank 2 is usually passenger side. Probably just need an O2 sensor... did it say upstream or downstream?

Upstream is the one before the cat, downstream is the one after the cat

What kinda exhaust you runnin? :)

What he said.... :thumb:

SLITH3R96

Reaction score
I thought that bank 1 was the bank w/ cylinder 1 which is on the passenger side on our cars :dunno: Either way usually when it says "Sensor" and "bank" all in one code it means the 02. The sensor number coresponds with the sensor on the manifold (Sensor one) and the one on your Midpipe (Sensor two.) If its Sensor one the car could be running lean or rich depending on how the bad sensor is reacting, do to the fact that the first O2s measures A/F. Could be talking out of my ass but this what i tell my customers considering a Manager at an Autozone ::)

topping973

Reaction score
get yourself some MIL eliminators if you want the code to go away. Your 02 sensor is probally not bad, you are running and o/r midpipe meaning no cats meaning o2 sensors are picking up different readings than stock if you had cats. Changing any sensors will not stop your check engine light from coming on. this is what the MIL's are for.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online