Which Spacer

94 DropTop

Reaction score
Should I get a 1/2in. or a 1"??? Im have a svo intake and I need bolts the spacers come with the bolts i need so i figured I could kill to birds with 1 stone. I have a 3" cowl hood btw.

ryclef331

Reaction score
If you're doing it just to change the power band of the car....Its kinda pointless. If you just need the bolts, get the bolts. I only run an intake spacer if I need valvecover clearence....

Brian95GT

Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
If you're doing it just to change the power band of the car....Its kinda pointless. If you just need the bolts, get the bolts. I only run an intake spacer if I need valvecover clearence....

Correct, do not listen to the advertising. It doesn't cool anything down but it does offer some needed valve cover clearance. Do you anticipate changing the covers later? I didn't look at your sig, but have you done a head swap yet? If you plan on it in the future then you could get a 1/2" one.

When I bought my spacer, I needed bolts like you said for the upper plenum to lower intake. I listened to the advertising and got a 1/2". Just like most of my purchasing mistakes with the car, it *just happened* to work out for me with perfect clearance for the valve covers and fitting under the hood after head swap.

OP
OP

94 DropTop

Reaction score
actually on my v6 i noticed the upper intake did stay cooler but im not doing it for performance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online