Which spark plug wires?

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am about to order a set of MSD Blaster Packs and MSD spark plug wires for my 1997 Mustang GT...Just wanted to see if i should order the "stock boots" or the "90 degree boots" for my car?? Thanks

GDawg

Reaction score
:dunno:

My stock all look 90*...

These are my MSD Superconductors... 8.5mm.

EngineBaycorner.jpg

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
yeah i called summit and those are the ones i needed, btw your engine bay looks extremely nice...i hope mine turns out like that, except with a centri blower :banana: thanks man

Pennywise2

Reaction score
I had the FRPP 9mm spark plug wires they worked good for me.
Aftermarket coil packs are big waste of money.

White 96GT

Reaction score
I'm going with some Taylor race wires. 10.4mm I don't really have a need for some really nice wires but I thought I'd like the look of the size and the Ford blue color.

smasher41

Reaction score
anyone ever try the ones from www.rpmoutlet.com? they claim up to 15 hp increase.....

here is what they say on their website

MICRO-TECH - MOTOBLUEâ„¢
FORD HARD-CORE Performance WIRE SET

Forget everything you've ever heard about plug wires!!!

We’ve all heard about the magic pill in the gas tank or the secret formulas that will get you 50 MPG and increased Horsepower. Experience has taught us that their outrageous claims are mostly smoke and mirrors. However every so often something comes along that’s real and this is one of them.

Did you know that a typical performance wire set with 50 ohms per foot rating does not supply the same spark intensity to each cylinder. That’s because a 2-foot wire has 100 ohms of resistance and a 4-foot wire has 200 ohms resistance. The longer the wire the less power that reaches the spark plugs. The MOTOBLUE Hardcore Series wire set features an unheard of nearly -O- ohms resistance per foot allowing full coil power to reach the spark plugs

MOTOBLUE Hardcore Series Ignition wire set is an industry first. Featuring a Solid Stainless Steel Core, 8mm 500º High temp blue silicone jacket and an unheard of -O- ohms resistance per foot. This patent technology has the least RFI/EMI interference allowing full coil power to reach the spark plugs. Increases miles per gallon up to 15%, increases horsepower and torque, allows easier engine starts, and is custom tailored for your vehicle for easy installation.

Dyno-tests on a variety of vehicles have shown as much as 15 HP and 17 lb.tq to the rear wheels.

Easy installation, custom tailored fit, OBD-II and performance ignition safe. Exceeds O.E.M. specifications and is covered by a limited lifetime warranty .

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
blown97stanger said:
Hey guys,

I am about to order a set of MSD Blaster Packs and MSD spark plug wires for my 1997 Mustang GT...Just wanted to see if i should order the "stock boots" or the "90 degree boots" for my car?? Thanks

Use the MSD wires for a supercharged car ford racing wire have blowout at high rpms.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online