Which sub/amp...

brwillms

Reaction score
Other than my radio my system is completely stealth. I custom mounted 4-6.5" (don't laugh they're pretty beefy)subs into the stock Mach 460 enclosure. I have Focal components in the Stock Front locations (they suck). I don't listen to much of the new stuff on the radio. Mostly 70's and 80's rock. It's perfect for me and I didn't lose any trunk space. I've got two amps mounted in the stock amp locations. I've had systems with too much bass. (4-15's back when car stereo was actually good). Now if I can just get those front speakers figured out everything will be great.

trueblue204

Reaction score
G_94_T said:

This is the best post I've seen in this thread. Don't get me wrong JL makes nice subs but the cost is crazy. If you buy them online they won't warrenty them b/c us idiot installers don't know how to set the gains on the amp I guess. The REaudio SX series are excellent subs. Couple that with a Sundown Audio SAZ 1500 D amp and that should pound and sound Great doing it.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I had one Kicker CVX 12" in a vented box built to Kicker's SPL/deep bass specifications and a Kicker KX1200.1 amp in my car. I sold it soon after buying it because of the major headaches all the super deep bass was giving me. It cracked my stock wing, i had to bend the liscence plate out a little bit [to combat the rattle :afro:] and it messed up the way my passenger window rolled up. All in all, that one 12 hit harder than a

pair of Alpine S-type 12s I had on the same amp. Listen to Matt, if you want sound quality, buy a JL w3, a >350 w amp and mix with a ported box. If you want street bass, Kicker CVX!!!

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
trueblue204 said:
G_94_T said:

This is the best post I've seen in this thread. Don't get me wrong JL makes nice subs but the cost is crazy. If you buy them online they won't warrenty them b/c us idiot installers don't know how to set the gains on the amp I guess. The REaudio SX series are excellent subs. Couple that with a Sundown Audio SAZ 1500 D amp and that should pound and sound Great doing it.

lol i remember when that company 1st started. yes there are many companys out there that make subs that are awesome and best for the buck for sure but you cant just walk in a store in your town and get them in most cases

trueblue204

Reaction score
just trying to show that there are great subs w/ great prices. I stay away from mainstream brands if at all possible. Hell most of the people on here probally haven't heard of most of the equipment in my truck.

BTW Farad caps are WORTHLESS. They do nothing for your amp.

red94gt5.0

Reaction score
Spyder said:
JL is the top notch by far. I have heard and installed quite a few brands and nothing has compared.

I was running two JL 12w0 in a sealed box with a weak 275 watt amp, and it sounded cleaner and had more range that my friends $2k system.

Im currently looking into a 12w6. Dont know if you have a budget or not, but thats the one im looking at. Has the range and the depth or the w7, but its cleaner, tighter, and most important, less expensive.

i have owned/installed every single product jl audio has ever produced through my shop all the way down to wire and distro blocks, the w6 in no way compares to the crisp clean sound of a w7, it is not tighter and does not have the same linear excursion aka "depth" in your case.

I used to compete in IASCA and USACI sound competitions both sound quality and spl, i had 2 oldschool 8w6's in mine and it would knock your head off~! jl audio sounds reallllly good and is one of my most favorite products but there is other options out there that is easier on the wallet and will sound just as good.

First look at your goal. we will throw distortion out the window (to a certain extent), distortion for subs is not as meaningful as so with door speakers. think about it, your subs are locked up in your trunk and playing sub-bass frequencies (40-80hz), therefore; distortion will not be heard as well.

I used to run subwoofers from a company called FI Car Audio, dont know if any of yall have heard about it but they make AWESOME subs for a decent price, i know the owner Scott and have put a few systems in for him. check out their site at www.ficaraudio.com and browse around for subs.

You will need some nice power for the sub(s). Forget about those shitty pyle,pyramid,etc. no name amps that say they will do 4k watts and have 2 20 amp fuses plugged into them lol. i would look into rockford fosgate for power for your sub(s). just browse around on ebay and see what u like. My personal favorite is the p300.1. that little amp has some balls!!!

let me know if i can be of any more help! :azn:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online