Which sub/amp...

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm thinking about buying a sub and amp but I'm not to knowledgable in this area lol. I want something that will hit hard and clean, nothing to crazy. Possibly maybe like 1 10" or something. Right now I have the stock 460 but I have an Apline head unit (The 9846 model) and I need alitle more bass. Can anyone help me out here? Thanks!

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ive tried so many subs high end as well and I allways come back with JL. I have 1 12" JLW3 and I love it. 1 10" might not be enough for you. Do u want to buy online or locally?

OP
OP
F

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Thanks Matt! I was thinking about JL aswell. I will take a look at the JLW3. I want to order online though. Thanks again!

Spyder

Reaction score
JL is the top notch by far. I have heard and installed quite a few brands and nothing has compared.

I was running two JL 12w0 in a sealed box with a weak 275 watt amp, and it sounded cleaner and had more range that my friends $2k system.

Im currently looking into a 12w6. Dont know if you have a budget or not, but thats the one im looking at. Has the range and the depth or the w7, but its cleaner, tighter, and most important, less expensive.

Slow98GT

Reaction score
I have 2 12" sony explodes in my car with a 300 watt amp (don't remeber type) but that was a horrable idea what ever you do don't do it. i can't even tell they are on. i had to unhook one and bridge it to make it hit at all

Spyder

Reaction score
Yeah, i personally think sony is like a civic, anyway you look at it, they suck balls. I think they have a really "tin" like sound too.

JL --> :behind: <-- sony

theponyfactor

Reaction score
i have 2 rockford fosgate stage 1 10" subs and an rf amp. I am very pleased with them. They sound very clean and can hit pretty hard. So I guess if you can spend more, get the stage 2 or 3 and it will sound great!

Spyder

Reaction score
Yeah, the box is a huge deal too. It all depends on how you like you system and how well made the box is.

Matt, sounds like you and i have very very similar taste in stereo equipment. Alpine and JL top notch. :drunk:

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
I would go with jl for subs if you can. I am not going to put a sub in the stang but i am going to put infinity kappas and either an alpine/clarion. Already have infinity kappas in the door with the stock cd player and they sound pretty good cant wait to hear em w/ decent player.

jpajkos

Reaction score
I have one JL Audio W7 powered by a Fosgate Power T10001bd AMP rated at 1000rms. I also have a 2 Farad fosgate cap. Man its pounds pretty hard so hard I blew my back window out the first time the sub launched. I love bass and the song I was listening to was 'Area Codes" by the infamous Ludacris. Awesome sub/Amp combo IMO.

Foster98GT

Reaction score
jpajkos said:
I have one JL Audio W7 powered by a Fosgate Power T10001bd AMP rated at 1000rms. I also have a 2 Farad fosgate cap. Man its pounds pretty hard so hard I blew my back window out the first time the sub launched. I love bass and the song I was listening to was 'Area Codes" by the infamous Ludacris. Awesome sub/Amp combo IMO.

Ive got an old school punch 800a2 bridged on a punch p3. What do you think about your lightning cap? Is it really necessary? Does it make that much of a difference that you have one?

jpajkos

Reaction score
Well given when I first had my system I didn't have my red top battery and 200 amp alternator. So at the time yes the Cap was indeed nessacary. Since then I bought a Red Top 200 amp alternator the cap works pretty good too. I like it alot and for my head unit I have alpine. I think some subs that are nice for the price are the Alpine Type R's and the MTX's.

OP
OP
F

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
THanks for all the help guys!

I was also looking at the Alpine 12" Type-R as well, these or the JLW3 12". I think I'm just gonna go with the Type R since its alittle cheaper and I am hearing good things about them. Does anyone know of any good sites with good prices?

How would this look

This sub
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_4281.html

This Amp?
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_3733.html

Or can I find a better amp for a better price?

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
might want to check out ebay. havent looked for jl subs before but there are some good deals so it never hurts to look

jpajkos

Reaction score
Hey man I just heard to 10 inch fosgate Power T2's OMFG man they pounded so hard it was making my chest hurt bro. lol was insane in da brain if you know what i mean :D

Foster98GT

Reaction score
jpajkos said:
Hey man I just heard to 10 inch fosgate Power T2's OMFG man they pounded so hard it was making my chest hurt bro. lol was insane in da brain if you know what i mean :D
Those subs are the shit. They just cost wayy to much for me.

jpajkos

Reaction score
Yeah I heard that. If I had the money I would be happy with just one T2 12" Power bro. Those things are no joke.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online