which x pipe is the best?

red95r

Reaction score
The shop I go to here gets really busy at the end of the month. So I go early in the morning when they're most backed up, he usually looks at the dash and checks insurance then gives me a go.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
all this talk of scavanging exhaust... we are building hot-rods... not top fuel dragsters... anyone who needs to worry about scavanging exhaust (to the point where they buy one brand of x pipe vs. another) shouldnt be asking about what kind to buy.. . .. .. ..

anyways, i suggested bassani, because eventhough i had a flowmaster catback and FRPP headers, the fitment was supurb!

Mystic SVT

Reaction score
Well the title of the thread does say "which x pipe is the best?" soooooo I just posted something that would help him pick an x pipe.

PI96GT

Reaction score
Id go with bassani, i love mine and i have gutted cats instead of offroad in case a nosy cop is trying to send me to the state ref

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i dont understand gutting cats... i guess if you didnt pay for them, fine... but geeze. if you did they are pricey bastards!!

and its not like they rob HP or anything ... esp. on a 15 year old N/A car :-/ the dirty MAF would rob more power than a pair of high-efficiency cats.

PI96GT

Reaction score
I just like the sound of an o/r x thats why i gutted them, i knew that it wouldnt make a difference, and i only payed 80 bucks for the whole midpipe

OP
OP
S

shocar4

Reaction score
I actually end up buying an o/r h pipe today for $50 off of craigslist! figured that for the price I could try the h pipe and see what I think!

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
PI96GT said:
I just like the sound of an o/r x thats why i gutted them, i knew that it wouldnt make a difference, and i only payed 80 bucks for the whole midpipe

gotcha. i pictured you diggin' out a catted pipe you bought to try and gain power.. ..

PI96GT

Reaction score
MustangChris said:
PI96GT said:

gotcha. i pictured you diggin' out a catted pipe you bought to try and gain power.. ..

Nah its just too sketchy to run an O/R x pipe in California IMO, I've seen too many friends get state reffed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online