OP
whiplash473

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Holy shit now it's stupid loud.

Now you're THAT guy, lol

It really is. I've been wearing ear plugs + helmet and I'm still worried about my ears when riding.

I was kidding.

This lightbar fad is starting to piss me off.

Oh that was complete sarcasm. That things is it up like a flippin Christmas tree. And I agree, it was cool a few years back. Now played out.

Sent from my bored/stroked iPhone 6S

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Am I the only one that noticed this?

6c2b9a6af90c3d525be1c300191fa833.jpg

OP
OP
whiplash473

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Wow. I didn't realize how much time had passed since this I last updated this thread. To try and keep it short I'll just bulletpoint the last five years and add pictures afterwards.

- I've moved house twice, got married, had two kids, and have had a bunch of ups and downs with vehicles since I last posted in this thread.

- I wrecked the Gixxer 600 and sold it to a friend who rebuilt it.

- I bought a 07 Gixxer 750. Loved that bike but my back problems were causing a great deal of pain while riding - even just riding to work. So I decided to sell it. I miss that bike. I did a few things to it. It was dropped and stretched when I bought it. I returned the ride height and swingarm back to stock. Removed the Two Brothers pipe and installed an Akrapovic, Power Commander, levers, a bunch of little things. This is the bike I learned how to ride really well on - being able to touch the ground with my left hand in corners and whatnot. It was also an absolute beaut to do wheelies on. Upwards of a mile - I know this because an officer told me so.

- The Silverado was rusting out badly and I was in the place of either selling it or restoring it. With it being a short bed and a half-ton, I decided to sell it as I disliked both of those aspects about it and went on the search for a heavier duty truck with a long bed, which is what I always wanted anyways.

- I purchased a '77 F350 4x4 Supercab long bed in Colorado and drove it back. Long story short: the 460 in it ended up getting funky and I decided to put in a 7.3 Powerstroke. That project is still underway and will be for a while.

- I purchased a '16 Mustang GT with the performance pack with 6,500 miles on it in Georgia and drove it back. I loved this car. I ended up driving it on summer tires a little too late into the season and coming home from work one Friday with mid-30-degree weather and rain I ended up going sideways and shot across three lanes and into a tree at around 50mph. Totalled.

- I purchased a '98 Mustang GT as a year-round daily. Nice enough car but it had been through the ringer cosmetically. Mechanically it seemed to be unmolested but the interior and paint (which had been horribly redone) was in pretty rough shape. So I didn't mind driving it all year long. Since I didn't/don't drive the '77 in the winter, not having a truck all winter long became a problem. So I decided to sell it and go on the truck hunt.

- I purchased a '96 F350 crew cab long bed with a 7.3 Powerstroke in Wisconsin with something like 220k on it for a reasonable price. This went well for a while. I did a lot of maintenance to this that had been neglected. However, the frequency of tiny items failing when the weather was down in the teens, causing me to bundle up and spend yet another Saturday or Sunday making sure I could get to work on Monday grew tiresome quickly. Especially since I think I have a fairly high tolerance for this sort of thing. So I decided to go on the truck hunt yet again, looking for a newer vehicle that I don't have to work on.

- So I purchased a '16 F350 6.7 Powerstroke crew cab long bed in Eveleth, MN and drove it back. I did some fairly standard things to it when I got it. Solid truck. Only thing left is wheels.

- @lwarrior1016 finally got a bug in me to get going on the Mustang again since, through all of this, it has just been sitting.

OP
OP
whiplash473

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Here are a couple of videos, too.

This, unfortunately, is the only video I got of my S550 after I did the exhaust.

Here is a walkaround of the '77 like a week before I decided to pull the engine.

And here is the 7.3 after I did a bunch of freshening up.

b1pig

Reaction score
Crotch rockets kill my wrists. Had a 2000 ZX7 that I rebuilt. Loved it, but I couldn't ride it more than about 45 minutes. Many bikes later... I'm far happier with a Tiger Explorer.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Welcome back dude

Crotch rockets kill my wrists. Had a 2000 ZX7 that I rebuilt. Loved it, but I couldn't ride it more than about 45 minutes. Many bikes later... I'm far happier with a Tiger Explorer.
if you are lucky that is all they kill. I nearly died on mine being young and dumb but now that you mention it in the accident I broke my wrist in 3 places and had reconstructive surgery to fix it.

OP
OP
whiplash473

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Bout damn time you got back in here.
No kidding. I’ve been on the truck scene deep. Coming back to the Mustang I’m like “ohhh right. Spark plugs.”
if your wrists hurt then you’re not riding the bike correctly. Pay attention to other sport bike riders on the road. The guy’s whose wrists are hurting always have the straight arms and their toes sticking out like little wings.

The pegs should be under the balls of your feet and your weight being held by your thigh’s grip on the fuel tank. You should be able to let go of the grip mid-turn/mid-lean and have no difference in control.
Hooooly shit , he’s still around . Seems like you’ve been up to some cool stuff all these years .
Dude… your car is red now?
Welcome back dude

if you are lucky that is all they kill. I nearly died on mine being young and dumb but now that you mention it in the accident I broke my wrist in 3 places and had reconstructive surgery to fix it.
Thanks.

I think most guys on sport bikes have a crash story. A lot of recollection of what went wrong, schooling, and track time all make a better, safer rider very quickly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online