Whistle from my engine bay - vacuum leak?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
have you looked at the brake pads and rotors? They could be getting skimpy :-\ how about the coolant? And the battery, is it old? Powersteering fluid, and how about the trans fluid, odds are its NEVER been changed :(.

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
have you looked at the brake pads and rotors? They could be getting skimpy :-\ how about the coolant? And the battery, is it old? Powersteering fluid, and how about the trans fluid, odds are its NEVER been changed :(.

ummm the rotors look fine, brakes aren't squeeking.. coolant, um havent looked but the levels look fine on that and the powersteering fluid. have not done the tranny fluid and the battery is still cranking good. i might get an optima red top for christmas though. haven't decided because i want my tune for christmas and other car parts.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
TxCobrA98 said:
Snakebit said:

ummm the rotors look fine, brakes aren't squeeking.. coolant, um havent looked but the levels look fine on that and the powersteering fluid. have not done the tranny fluid and the battery is still cranking good. i might get an optima red top for christmas though. haven't decided because i want my tune for christmas and other car parts.

if that coolant is old you might want to change it,..............I did mine 2 weeks ago :)

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
TxCobrA98 said:
Snakebit said:

if that coolant is old you might want to change it,..............I did mine 2 weeks ago :)

ill tell my dadddddddddy. hes the man with the funds right now.. hopefully hell let me get some more. i think i need some more oil too. i made a mistake using mobil 1 full synthetic on a car with no valve seals lol. that stuff just goes right though my car.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
TxCobrA98 said:
Snakebit said:
TxCobrA98 said:
Snakebit said:

ill tell my dadddddddddy. hes the man with the funds right now.. hopefully hell let me get some more. i think i need some more oil too. i made a mistake using mobil 1 full synthetic on a car with no valve seals lol. that stuff just goes right though my car.

You daddys boy ::) ::) ::)

j/k :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
TxCobrA98 said:
Snakebit said:
TxCobrA98 said:
Snakebit said:

i probably am a daddy's boy.. lol. i go to him for most of my stuff. unless im in trouble then i go to my mom and let her deliver the news to my dad.. then maybe he wont be as mad. ;D but i dont get into trouble to often.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
TxCobrA98 said:
Snakebit said:
TxCobrA98 said:
Snakebit said:
TxCobrA98 said:
Snakebit said:

i probably am a daddy's boy.. lol. i go to him for most of my stuff. unless im in trouble then i go to my mom and let her deliver the news to my dad.. then maybe he wont be as mad. ;D but i dont get into trouble to often.

:angel: :angel: :angel: got em all fooled huh ::)

1BadSnakeBite

Reaction score
Do this, take a can of Carb./Choke cleaner and spray around all your vacum lines, TB etc. If the idle shoots up then you have found the location of the vacum leak. Spray around your intake manifold as well. It could also be your BBK TB. I have heard horror stories about them. I went with a Professional Products since I could not get an Accufab for my 95 Cobra. Let me know what you find.

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
hey thanks man, ill go home and give that a try. it hasn't done it since the other day but id still like to make sure theres no vacuum leaks. so just spray carb cleaner on each vacuum line individually till the idle goes up?

1BadSnakeBite

Reaction score
Just spray a mist around the area of the vacum lines, intake manifold, TB etc. Try not to drown everything. Make sure the engine is also cooled down some. When it hits a leak, the idle will spike upwards a few hundred RPM or so. Let me know how it turns out.

S

scarface

wht46gt said:
ive never heard of a vacuum leak on a na car strange
HUH? If there is any hose off on your car you will have a vacuume leak.

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
19mustang95 said:
have we found the problem yet??

no i haven't had time to check the vacuum leaks. it seems to be running fine though. no check engine light and ive gotten on it a few times.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Staff online