Whistle from my engine bay - vacuum leak?

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
hey guys, just as the topic said.. i was driving in 2nd gear today on the way home and kinda punched the gas (because my check engine light went off, i knew my car was running good today!) and i hadn't gotten to put that pedal down in a while so yeah, i did it. and when i did, there was a pretty noticeable whistle type noise (sorta like when you whistle through your teeth with your tounge and you can hear the air and the whistle)..... so is that a vacuum leak? because it was pretty loud. as i kept driving, it didn't happen anymore but it did a few times. let me know guys!

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
Thats the only thing i could imagine, pop the hood while its running see if you can hear anything.

rgs

Reaction score
someone install a blower without you knowing??

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
speaking of whistles did you ever upload the vid of my car?

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
95KBGT said:
speaking of whistles did you ever upload the vid of my car?

oh shit no i didnt paul.. ill do it in a couple minutes.. and i have no clue why i posted my problem in the members ride section lol..

so you guys think its a vacuum leak? ill let you hear it tonight paul, im going out to the car show. and also, lets go get some pics possibly or let me get some more vids of you car like under the hood, so the guys can really hear how she sounds.

oh and any mod, feel free to move this thread to the general maintenance or w/e you want to..

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
oops nvm paul, ill get some more vids of your car tonight and pics and stuff and upload them right when i get home because my cable for my camera is at my friends house. well stop by and get it tonight. sorry man.. :lame: i know.

S

scarface

Its the "ghost blower"...lol

Sounds like a hose off somewhere.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
rgs said:
someone install a blower without you knowing??

:rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

He wishes :angel:

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
yeah im having the same kind of noise. really noticeable when you are at the front of the car. its not any of the pulleys, already checked those. let me know if you find out what it is. its annoying

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
no im pretty sure it was something like a vacuum leak.. it didn't sound like air going through the filter. it was alot louder and it had a high pitch whistle.

ylw95gts

Reaction score
I have the same thing. But if it's a vacuum leak would'nt the car run like crap? My whistling sound is accompanied by a sucking air type sound and leads me to believe it's just something in the airflow. And it runs friggin great! :thumb:

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
yeah its to loud to be coming from the filter. it sounds like a squeaky pulley but i already checked them all. could it be my intake spacer not making a good seal?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
TxCobrA98 said:
im not sure, how do you go about checking it?

On the belt look for cracks and signs of dry rot starting...........if you cant remember the last time you got a new one :-\...........get one now ;D ;D

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
here, how bout a list of stuff i should do haha.. i haven't really done anything to the car since i bought it back in may. i got the fuel filter but i need the tool to put it in. i dont need an air filter, already replaced that. i ran some injector cleaner through it.. umm idk just give me some stuff that you guys would do to get it running really good. its got 97k miles on it now! :'(

ill go check the serpentine belt here in a minute..

what else should i do?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online