white face "glow" gauges? anyone have them?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
its a complete kit, you don't have to mess with the factory lights..you do have to tap into the dimmer switch to power it up.

96mod289

Reaction score

Greggerex

Reaction score
I have these gauges from the same guy on eBay.

I snapped a couple of pics during the install (nothing TERRIBLY useful). They're HERE.

Just solder the 2 leads to a 12V and GND connection on the back of the cluster and stick the inverter (it comes with an adhesive) in there somewhere.

It wasn't too bad. :)

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
are there pinholes for the rpm stopper on those? because i got some from american muscle and they didnt have any so i tried to tap a hole in it and they didnt work lol and i had to return them

Greggerex

Reaction score
With some frustrating effort I got them on without any modifications or having to remove any needles. 8)

OP
OP
MoonlightGT

MoonlightGT

Reaction score
Greggerex said:
I have these gauges from the same guy on eBay.

I snapped a couple of pics during the install (nothing TERRIBLY useful). They're HERE.

Just solder the 2 leads to a 12V and GND connection on the back of the cluster and stick the inverter (it comes with an adhesive) in there somewhere.

It wasn't too bad. :)

great pics thanks. hey, how did you install the overlay without removing any needles??

Greggerex

Reaction score
MoonlightGT said:
great pics thanks. hey, how did you install the overlay without removing any needles??

Through the shear awesomeness that is me. ;)

But seriously, it was a super pain in hole - but I didn't want to have to worry about resetting the needles properly.

The overlay that I got from that guy came in 3 pieces as can be seen in the pic below:

IM000814.jpg

Both the overlays and the needles are kinda bendy, so I slid each piece slowly over the needles and wiggled them into place. For example, the two outside overlays would be slid from the top left towards the bottom right and the middle overlay from the bottom left towards the top right. Each case you slide against the grain of the needle, so once you clear the needle, you just have to wiggle the overlay in place over the humpy things. :)

Not sure how helpful that is, but I'd be happy to answer any questions you have. 8)

whty98

Reaction score
I just got mine installed from american muscle, the blue or green back light kind. The needles are still off, do like moonlight said and just slip them on so you don't have to worry about resetting the needles. Good luck

ALITL8

Reaction score
i personally like the reverse glow better... thinkin about getting a set soon ;D

whty98

Reaction score
Here is a picture of them after the install, I'll get more of them in the car and all lit up. The only compliant is around the blinkers/high-beam in dicator, I couldn't get it to center properly.

[attachment deleted by admin]

ALITL8

Reaction score
looks good!! i see what youre talking about though around the high beam indicator.

btw, you need gas :)

ripper

Reaction score
Heres mine everything matches now even the shifter handle has a white top lol

[attachment deleted by admin]

RIFTER11

Reaction score
I just posted pics recently after i got mine put in. I was given the MAC/BBK ones for christmas, so i just
used them. they look really great, still fighting with the damn needles :rant:

whty98

Reaction score
:hammer: thanx I just got gas before I went back at $1.80 ;D

My needles aren't perfect but I'll fix them when I go back this week and fix the white part on the blinkers. Then PICTURES!

Are the phantom guages back-lit? If so what color are they?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online