White paint - detail

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know what's a good polish / wax for white paint?
does it make any difference?
I have the Meguires 26 and whatever polish / carnoba wax.

My cousin just joined up (Spyder) and wants to detail his car - white 95 cobra.
then he can get his profile pix and i'll stop herrasing him!

Thanks

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, thanks wytestang.
That's alot of info on white paint detailing.

I get the meguairs numbers, I mainly use they're stuff.

I wish I knew what all the abreviations are,
rmg
ppx
xpr
p21s
SSG
etc.

I need the wax guide glossery or something.

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, so we cleaned up Spyders 95 last night.
Long overdue...

Washed with dish soap and mild degreaser for a strip down clean,
spot cleaned tar spots ect and dryed.

Buffed on Meguires #9 swirl removal, hand wiped off,
Buffed #26 Wax - one coat, microfiber hand wipe off.

Stood back and admired. :) :)

What, if anything, would be a good top coater for better shine.??

Here's some pix.

The Wax

cleaning.jpg

DIRTY

dirty1.jpg

POLISHED

polished.jpg

WAXED

waxed.jpg

An evening well spent.

Here's his and mine:

Spyder 95 cobra Dalamar 96 GT

back5046.jpg

rgs

Reaction score
fuck i geuss i should do that now that the suns coming out

matt you do it for me...

wytstang

Reaction score
Dalamar said:
Wow, thanks wytestang.
That's alot of info on white paint detailing.

I get the meguairs numbers, I mainly use they're stuff.

I wish I knew what all the abreviations are,
rmg-Clearkotes Red Machine Glaze http://www.autogeek.net/clredmomagl.html
ppx???Didn't see that posted
xpr??Didn't see that posted
p21s-Thats actually a brand of wax http://www.autogeek.net/p2concarwax.html
SSG??Didn't see that posted
etc.

I need the wax guide glossery or something.-Autopia has you covered http://autopia.org/forum/faq.php?faq=secret_decoder_ring the list needs to be updated a bit though.
There you go....

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Secret Decoder Ring is right!.. lol

Thanks Wytstang

Hey, I'm about out of my Meguiar stuff.
I seen alot of poor boys stuff used on SVTp, heard good about Zano's
A lot of guys on that thread liked UPP for the final - Do u like that stuff?

Should I stick with meguiars, or try somthing else???

wytstang

Reaction score
UPP is very slick at first but losses it's slickness in the first wash. The paint has to be well prepped for it to last long. Two coats (24 hours inbetween) is how to make it last long and it helps in covering the entire car (whites hard to see if you missed anything). I get good depth and shine from UPP so yes I like it. As far as if you should try something else thats completely up to you, I like to try new products and see what *I* like if you have the $$ go for it. When it comes to protecting my investment I try not to spare no expense so I look for top notch products, heres my stash which has grown a bit since this picture
Picture083.jpg

wytstang

Reaction score
Also Poorboys Worlds Nattys carnuba wax looks good on white as well. Since I live in apartments where there is no shade to do my work so I choose a lot of Poorboys products since they can be used in direct sun light with no ill effects.
Here are some Klass all-in-one topped with UPP (one coat) pics kinda of crappy I was messing with the setting and forgot to put it back before taking the pics..
AIOUPP.jpg

AIOUPP4.jpg

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Try Poorboys or ClearKote stuff...meguires off the shelf deff doenst stand close. Their professional series is supposed to be good but but you have to use a proper buffer to get the real results from them and I dont wanna attempt that yet.

NXGHOST

Reaction score
Poorboys Polish w/carnauba topped with Poorboys Natty/s Wax. Looks real deep on White,

ChrisPaceCobraPwCNattys.jpg

wytstang

Reaction score
NXGHOST said:
Poorboys Polish w/carnauba topped with Poorboys Natty/s Wax. Looks real deep on White,

ChrisPaceCobraPwCNattys.jpg
I've been eyeing that combo for a while I just have to much #16 to want to buy more LSP products. Who knows I may just buy some to try it.....

ALITL8

Reaction score
okay guys, the color of the car really has NOTHING to do with the brand or type of compounds, polishes and waxes. if someone tells you different theyre blowing smoke up your ass.

i dont use very many OTC products so i wont be much help on choosing the best polishes and waxes. i use 3M compounds (heavy to fine cut depending on the condtion of the paint). i use a professional polish that works well in direct sun and the same with my carnuba blend wax. im happy enough with the products i use that im thinking of getting my own label and selling the stuff ;D

over the years i have found that most waxes and polishes perform about the same. the main difference is that some are harder to work with. i have a gazillion pictures of cars we've detailed and they all have that deep, glossy shine. find one that works good for you and can be applied and removed easily and you'll be happy with your results :thumb:

NXGHOST

Reaction score
I agree but disagree at the same time. “Best†or “Better†is strictly subjective to the user. On my white Cobra I find that Combo looks the best on White. This is because I like the White to look deep and wet. I currently have Klasse on the car and it has lost depth but gained reflectivity. Person B might like the more reflective finish and that combination will be HIS best on that color. The same combination that gave the white the deep/wet look on the white cobra looked stale on my red Jetta. The Red Jetta gained a lot of depth and wetness when using Pinnacle Souveran on it instead. So basically, while the combination made my white look deep and wet, it did not do the same on my red, I used a different product on red to get the same effect. But remember, what my eye sees is different than yours.

DSC04452.JPG

NXGHOST

Reaction score
wytstang, who is the hottie in your avatar!!? I can't stop staring at those boobies!

wytstang

Reaction score
ALITL8 said:
okay guys, the color of the car really has NOTHING to do with the brand or type of compounds, polishes and waxes. if someone tells you different theyre blowing smoke up your ass.
I disagree there are types of wax/sealants that are more suited for light colored cars. A perfect example (using a 97 f-150 moron) is Megs #16 vs Poorboys Nattys Blue wax. There is a very noticeable difference between the two, Nattys blue was deeper and wetter and my dad could tell right away and loved the way his truck looked compared to #16.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online