White's '95 GT "Unicorn"

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
have you considered maybe removing the annodization around the outside of the petal? It would be as simple as some masking tape and either sand paper or oven cleaner to just wipe it off.

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
have you considered maybe removing the annodization around the outside of the petal? It would be as simple as some masking tape and either sand paper or oven cleaner to just wipe it off.

I’m content with what I have. The countersunk holes were supposed to be silver to have some contrast.

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Front or rear of car

Tough to say. The entire car vibrates and it increases with speeds above 65. I’m going to follow this plan of attack:
  • check pinion angle
  • Nut & bolt check everything
  • Adjust tail pipe that’s hitting panhard bar
  • mark and re-clock the driveshaft then test drive

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully that flng is centered and the shaft is balanced
We have a place down hear that centers and balanced drive shafts and makes them
But they had lots of complaints vibrations and broken at yoke
Be cautious

50HSN95

Reaction score
I’m really excited for this addition to the car. I’ve never liked wires hanging out of the dash for the laptop, so I opted for this “Dual USB 2.0 Data Bulkhead Adapter” from Billet Automotive Buttons. They offered custom engraving as an option and the results speak for themselves. Those guys have a lot of other really cool bits and you should check them out.

View attachment 9014

Realizing I had no where to put this, I decided to approach John @ John Smith Racing to custom 3D print a two gauge panel with provision for my bulkhead panel. He certainly didn’t disappoint and the final product is exactly what I had hoped for. Don’t hesitate to contact him for your own hair brained ideas, I think he likes the challenge!

View attachment 9015

View attachment 9016

View attachment 9017
Ok that dual USB port is a cool idea! I just have the second cable lying under the pass seat. Might have to look into something like this to plug into the Holley. I eventually want to add the bigger dash also so that would work well.

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Nice progress, hopefully the vibration issue is an easy fix

It seems like could be an easy fix but we shall find out. Measured the pinion angle and found the pinion to be 2* lower than the reading taken at the balancer. I have a few shims to install but need a day off.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
It seems like could be an easy fix but we shall find out. Measured the pinion angle and found the pinion to be 2* lower than the reading taken at the balancer. I have a few shims to install but need a day off.

You need to work half a year like me lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online