White's '95 GT "Unicorn"

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
data logs don't show anything on why it is cutting out?
Nope. Afr stays solid, fuel pressure is solid, rpm is constant, tps reads correctly, it’s really odd. Acts just like an ignition cut, but not at the same time every time.

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
data logs don't show anything on why it is cutting out?

Wasn’t logging when we went on a cruise earlier mainly because I didn’t expect any issues.

It’s strange. Roll into throttle to near redline, shift, roll into throttle again and it’s fine. Tried powershifting and it was fine. However, if you go WOT to near redline, shift quick and stab the throttle it just falls in its face. Almost like noting was attached to the pedal.

Fuel pressure stayed within normal limits, AFR looked good as did the rest of the sensors. Starting to question the ECU itself and, interestingly enough, the spark plugs. NONE of this happened until I switched from OE plugs to NGK Iridium. Going to switch the plugs back and see what happens.

Edit:

Lol @lwarrior1016 beat me to the punch here

weendoggy

Reaction score
OK, knowing you have the HP system, do you by chance, just by chance, have the Rev Limiter set to low. And, is this consistant in every gear.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
OK, knowing you have the HP system, do you by chance, just by chance, have the Rev Limiter set to low. And, is this consistant in every gear.
Not gear dependent, and revs out to 7k+. The cut has been experienced at 4K, and other rpm in between.

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score

Rev limiter is currently set to 7500 and it happily bounces off of it when power shifting.

Goofy ass car lol

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
maybe just for giggles try turning the knocks off and see if it matters. I went through the trouble of getting one and then my tuner said that unless I tune it(the knock sensor) properly that it is not worth much. He mentioned something about lugging it uphill while datalogging to tune the sensor and some other stuff I can't remember as it has been years now.

doggiedoc

Reaction score
That's what I seem to do most days.... standing there staring at the engine thinking "now what?".

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online