White's '95 GT "Unicorn"

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Good luck . Excited to see how it does . Did you guys end up ironing out the tune . I been messing with mine a bunch lately too

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
For those who pay attention to my autocross thread, you’ll know that I aborted the remainder of my day due to a strange noise that suddenly occurred. Today, I found it.

IMG_7336.jpeg

IMG_7335.jpeg

IMG_7334.jpeg

As it turned out. The e-brake cable came loose and was rubbing the driveshaft. Whew. Should be a simple fix and I’ll be ready for the next event.

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
She’s still sitting on jackstands. Did not get the chance to work on it this weekend as intended. Mostly due to the overwhelming chaos in my work space I’ve been putting off cleaning. So, I started there. It’s insane how shit just accumulates.

IMG_8418.jpeg

Light at the end of the tunnel, though. Planning on another round of cleaning this weekend. As for the car, I have everything on hand to wire the new fan and controller in.

IMG_8010.jpeg

IMG_8031.jpeg

Except time.

joemomma

Reaction score
Real estate is dumb right now, along with insane interest rates. I wouldn't be going anywhere either. Heck car loans are like 10%.

joemomma

Reaction score
Exactly, crazy insane. The wife and I are about to start saving for some acreage. Hopefully can wait out these crazy asking prices
We got lucky when we started looking for land a couple years before 'rona. Found 7.4 acres in the neighboring county and snatched it up. Paid that off then started building our house. Unfortunately, we were building during peak 'rona and got bit with high prices on a lot of materials (primarily lumber). Thankfully we didn't have to buy at peak pricing, but it was still considerably higher than it was 6 months prior lol. Then interest rates spiked right as we were finishing. Went from the 3% construction loan to a 5% mortgage, and were lucky to get that.

Snorky

Reaction score
True. Need a house with space to build a shop. Don’t see moving in this market.
We bought last year. My asshole feels like I got fisted... And being in Northern NJ you get an additional taxation fist each year. Trying to build a garage. Maybe in a year or 2 we'll have one.

Keep saving as fast as you can.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have heard about the property tax there from time to time but never actually looked into it. A quick search shows The average effective property tax rate in New Jersey is 2.26%, compared with a national average of 0.99%!

Snorky

Reaction score
I have heard about the property tax there from time to time but never actually looked into it. A quick search shows The average effective property tax rate in New Jersey is 2.26%, compared with a national average of 0.99%!
My county is 2.84%, which is bananas. Plus the real-estate costs for what you get are stupid.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
if i told you what it is in my area you would not believe it till i showed the paperwork
NM is still developing a lot land opportunities are plenty

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Skipped work and worked on this today. It isn’t show quality but I couldn’t care less about looks.

IMG_8611.jpeg

A couple of strategically placed adel clamps and this is a wrap. The battery showed 6.5VDC so on the trickle charger it went. I need to make some changes to the I/O schedule but that will wait until tomorrow. Going to skip work again tomorrow anyway.

IMG_8624.jpeg

Oh and I threw some leftover wire loom on some previously installed wiring to dress it up.

IMG_8625.jpeg

Soo close.

It needs to run without leaks, cool the engine temp in the driveway, a damn bath and then I’ll put some miles on it this weekend.

Hopefully.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodeblue

Members online