Who dailys their stang in winter?

Goldmember

Reaction score
Last 3 winters I did. One was not too bad, the next two were. Cooper Zeon all-seasons and skilled use of the right foot, and second gear starts, all good. This year, it will be sitting a lot more.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Last 3 winters I did. One was not too bad, the next two were. Cooper Zeon all-seasons and skilled use of the right foot, and second gear starts, all good. This year, it will be sitting a lot more.

Last winter sucked. Never drove in snow before, so it was exciting to say the least. I was taught countersteering prior to the winter, so it definitely helped. Bought Blizzaks, so fingers crossed they help.

SnakeMedic

Reaction score
Ok... I have to change my response.

It has been raining here in California. I don't know how you dudes do it in the snow. I can't even keep my Cobra straight when the ground is barely wet! Though, my brother just took his 13 5.0 to the snow accidentally (he doesn't check weather before leaving for Tahoe from SF) and actually made it. Perhaps it is just the damn SC. But, hats off to those that can drive in the snow with these things!

Goldmember

Reaction score
Last winter sucked. Never drove in snow before, so it was exciting to say the least. I was taught countersteering prior to the winter, so it definitely helped. Bought Blizzaks, so fingers crossed they help.

They will. Best thing I can tell you is if you're spinning the tires, sometimes that's the only way you're keeping forward momentum. Let off, the spinning stops, but you are screwed. Another thing I found, if sideways making a turn, don't totally lift off the throttle. It'll snap back the other way on you. Let off just enough to control the slide and get it pointed straight again, grin ear to ear, drive on. BTW I'd advise no burnouts on those Blizzaks and switch them out as soon as our F'n NY weather will let you. Heat and snow tires don't play nice, they are designed for cold temperature and questionable weather conditions.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
They will. Best thing I can tell you is if you're spinning the tires, sometimes that's the only way you're keeping forward momentum. Let off, the spinning stops, but you are screwed. Another thing I found, if sideways making a turn, don't totally lift off the throttle. It'll snap back the other way on you. Let off just enough to control the slide and get it pointed straight again, grin ear to ear, drive on. BTW I'd advise no burnouts on those Blizzaks and switch them out as soon as our F'n NY weather will let you. Heat and snow tires don't play nice, they are designed for cold temperature and questionable weather conditions.

Valid tips I appreciate it. I learned the whole don't let off the gas too quick if ya sideways from a few people. Definitely something to keep in mind. Our work truck is a 2000 dodge ram van 1500, rwd, no tc (or it doesn't work anyways lol). Last winter I drove half way up a block going sideways with it, whole drivers side rear was stepping out to the left, was scary going so close to parked cars whole going UP lol. But I learned feathering the gas and being precise with the steering really helped. Oh no way I'm doing a burnout with these blizzaks, fawking $640 on winter tires so thats not happening. They spun bad in some rain, got sideways at around 15 mph, eased off, grabbed 2nd and continued sideways lol. I'm seriously hoping to have a daily in the spring so all the stang will do is sit on the blizzaks under a cover lol. I appreciate the input though seriously it helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online