Who dailys their stang in winter?

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
So how many other mofo's besides myself drive their mustang in snow? i'm not talking a dusting, legit amounts of snow.. Well I did last winter, and after that I don't wanna play games twice. Decided its not worth the risk of smacking it up or hurting myself.. So I'll be getting something to daily. Wanted a truck but gas is already a ***** with this gas guzzling pig, so I decided on a small fwd V6, no 4 bangas.. Already found what I want. Anywhos. I can't be the only one in this pickle, so spill the beanz people

Milehigh JDF

Reaction score
I DD mine year round. I have snow tires for winter so I have very few issues getting around. But I don't exactly make it a habit to go on a long drive in the snow

punched281

Reaction score
I used to when it was a v6. But now that I have put all this time and money in to it, no thanks.

I am driving my parents old beaters they don't drive anymore. But my fiancé and I have acquired a talon tsi a while ago and while she was driving, the timing belt went. So in the next couple of weeks, I am going to pull the motor and start rebuilding it. Its got a turbo timer, ported eve 16g and a manifold and a ported head. I am curious to see what it runs like when it is back together..

slow90coupe

Reaction score
All I know is mustangs are terrible in the snow, lol. I tried to drive mine and made it about 5 feet before I started spinning. My first suggestion would be a bugeye WRX (they can be had for about $6000 for a very nice one), but since you want FWD v6, my mom had great luck with her 03 Toyota Avalon. IMHO, the most dependable car on the road.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn't be able to daily mine.

Had a supercharged 4x4 f-150, never got stuck, never stopped drinking fuel, never stopped. I miss that truck though, super reliable.
Then my little auto mazda3 hatch. Was pretty good, never got it stuck and it would only slide if it hit deep snow. but auto sucks.
Now I have my little 5 speed focus coupe. We'll see how that is in winter. but its fun to drive and amazing on gas.

What fwd v6 are you looking at? I couldn't find anything newer with a stick and a v6 for an affordable price.
I think you'll be surprised with the newer 4cyl. My mazda and focus were much better than I expected. The only time I wish I had more power is for passing on the highway, but I'm use to the mustang where I drop it a gear and away it goes. The manual in the focus makes things much better though.

If you're looking for a daily, get something that will actually be decent. Don't get a pile of junk just because its cheap.
Also remember tires make a big difference, invest in a some good winter tires.

If I could make a recommendation, just get a civic or focus or something like that. An economy car that can still be sort of sporty. Find something as low mile and as new as you can afford.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn't be able to daily mine.

Had a supercharged 4x4 f-150, never got stuck, never stopped drinking fuel, never stopped. I miss that truck though, super reliable.
Then my little auto mazda3 hatch. Was pretty good, never got it stuck and it would only slide if it hit deep snow. but auto sucks.
Now I have my little 5 speed focus coupe. We'll see how that is in winter. but its fun to drive and amazing on gas.

What fwd v6 are you looking at? I couldn't find anything newer with a stick and a v6 for an affordable price.
I think you'll be surprised with the newer 4cyl. My mazda and focus were much better than I expected. The only time I wish I had more power is for passing on the highway, but I'm use to the mustang where I drop it a gear and away it goes. The manual in the focus makes things much better though.

If you're looking for a daily, get something that will actually be decent. Don't get a pile of junk just because its cheap.
Also remember tires make a big difference, invest in a some good winter tires.

If I could make a recommendation, just get a civic or focus or something like that. An economy car that can still be sort of sporty. Find something as low mile and as new as you can afford.

Lmao lucky you. Yes a daily but mostly for winter duty. I would never buy a pos, I hate driving a dirty car let alone a pos lmao. I was looking at early 2000s pontiac grand prix, pretty reliable, solid motors. I always wanted one. All the hondas and focus' are beat up bad over here. I will definitely get good tires, thats one area I would never skimp out on.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
All I know is mustangs are terrible in the snow, lol. I tried to drive mine and made it about 5 feet before I started spinning. My first suggestion would be a bugeye WRX (they can be had for about $6000 for a very nice one), but since you want FWD v6, my mom had great luck with her 03 Toyota Avalon. IMHO, the most dependable car on the road.

They are indeed. Deathtraps. I had to drive thru a month of snow with it, each time was terrible lol.. even the bugeyes over here with 100k plus still go for like 9k plus! My grandma has an 01 avalon, solid car no doubt but holy shit I wouldn't be able
to daily it, no way lol

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I DD mine year round. I have snow tires for winter so I have very few issues getting around. But I don't exactly make it a habit to go on a long drive in the snow

Me too. But I'm tryna change that, not worth the headache for me.. Being its my only car too.

RichV

Reaction score
Snow tires and some weight in the back. RWD will be just fine, how'd they ever survive in the60's!! :)

I did when I was in HS. 79 5.0 Foxbody.

Now I'm older, smarter, and have more money. :D 4x4 FTW

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Well winters are not bad in Ga except for the occasional ice storm. (no laughing) I can pretty much drive the mustang year round but don't because 75% of this people haven't got a clue how to drive in the rain much less snow and ice.
So I have ol' reliable. 89 yota 4x4 truck. No frills. No a/c, pwr windows, locks, nav, abs, traction control, heated seats, etc. yet somehow it drives just fine without all that crap. 320,000 miles. Bullet proof 4 cyl 22re. MPG;s are bout the same as the mustang. they are surprisingly tough little trucks. it's got 140,000 more miles now than when I got it 12 years ago and can still sell it for the same price.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Snow tires and some weight in the back. RWD will be just fine, how'd they ever survive in the60's!! :)

I did when I was in HS. 79 5.0 Foxbody.

Now I'm older, smarter, and have more money. :D 4x4 FTW

Yeah that'd be ideal.. But the snow here sucks so I don't wanna chance it haha. True, I learned a lot from having a rwd car with no traction control haha. But I'm trying to be smart, and I'm about saved up for a nice little daily so why not lol

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
If my car remains issue-free until winter then I will be driving it some. Our winters never get bad here, maybe 3 days worth of snow and that's pushing it. My truck always turns into a safari wagon during winter/hunting season so it will be nice to be able to drive something else instead of having to clean out my truck to go somewhere.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Grand prix :puke:
That's just me though lol. If that's what you want, go for it. Atleast get the SC version lol, will probably be fast than the gt though :(

PS. The Focus community says Foci for plural lol.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Another one of these threads talking about this weird "winter" and "snow"?

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Grand prix :puke:
That's just me though lol. If that's what you want, go for it. Atleast get the SC version lol, will probably be fast than the gt though :(

PS. The Focus community says Foci for plural lol.

Hahah yeah idk why I always liked em. They're pretty scarce, the sc ones anyways. GT's gotta mean its FAST DOE! hahah imagine. I call them ****us'

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
My brother is giving me his old chains and I'll hopefully make a trip to NorCal over winter to drive my sentra around. I'll make sure to wear proper attire and not sunglasses and boardshorts.

SnakeMedic

Reaction score
My brother is giving me his old chains and I'll hopefully make a trip to NorCal over winter to drive my sentra around. I'll make sure to wear proper attire and not sunglasses and boardshorts.

LOL. We wear them up here. I used to live in SD, PQ to be exact. Where you at??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.