Who else is tired of dailying an old car?

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I've been dailying this pile of shit the past four years. Through snow, anything, you name it. I love the car, but quite frankly it's heavily modified now compared to when it was 100% stock 4 years ago when I got it. It's not practical aymore, and it's a constant never ending project. I love the car and would never sell it. That's where my Mach comes in. Sell that, and get into a newer car.. I have my heart set on a 2012 5.0, stick of course. I drive my buddies 12' all the time and I love it. He makes 440 whp with bolt ons, headers, exhaust and a cobra jet intake. Thing is really fast, and extremely comfortable. I'm just tired of dailying a car older than me. I want to get it painted, do more tubular suspension, dyno tune etc.. I just can't keep risking working on the car and praying I finish in time for work.

Austinx56

Reaction score
i had the money to buy a 03-04 saleen sc for a new daily, but i would hate driving it in the rain and would always be cleaning it so I decided how about a nice car that i wont care about if it gets dirty so thats why i got the bmw... but its all about what you can afford and are approved for if your financing, plus im 25 no tickets or wrecks and insurance was going to rape me with a saleen, its still kinda high with the bmw, so keep in mind that...

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I hear that. I could put a decent chunk on a down payment. My license isn't bad, two tickets from a few years ago, nonwrecks knock on wood.

07GtS197

Reaction score
I have an 07 gt and have a few complaints about the s197. Sure I like that its a never car and has all the creature comforts but one of the biggest complaints about the newer stangs is the damn remote mounted shifter. Itll never shift like a direct shifter and feels numb. Ive ran a stocker, hurst base shifter and a steeda tri ax and all have left a lot to be desired, Id much rather bang gears in my 02. Ive never missed a gear until I got my 07 and Im not talking about missing third while shifting at the track. No Im talking about missing a gear while granny shifting down the street... One day I went to downshift to pass somebody and lost all my gears except 5th... Plus Ive been able to literally go past 1st gears like theres another gear to the left of first! And theyre so damn expensive to mod and making a car payment sucks. Granted my 22 years old, the only car Ive had to make payments on was my 07, which wasnt bad 266.08 a month but when you only make 1k or so a month and drive far for work it sucks, all of my other cars Ive bought outright. Another thing is I refuse to jump on the coyote bandwagon, Im happy with my little 4.6.

Oh and if you buy a coyote with an mt82 get ready to rebuild it. Its not a question of if but when itll go out. Im not trying to deter you from buying a newer mustang but this has been my experience but google them first to see what you come up with.

Mustanger

Reaction score
I hear you, you will be much happier with a daily driver & being able to keep your SN95 in the garage all ready to go. The miles won't pile up & you can work on it at your leisure! Does your DD have be a Mustang? How about a car that gets fantastic gas mileage & really save on your commute etc. Or do you have a need for a truck at times? Just don't get too high of payments and not be able to do much!

Royal96

Reaction score
I'm just tired of DD'ing an old car (an 03 buick, so not as old as your 95) in general because I'm tired of shit breaking. I have too many cars in my driveway and it'd be nice if just one of them wasn't falling apart lol.

lutter94

Reaction score
My car was my only mode of transport from 2002-2008 (bought the 92 F150 for winters). That will teach you how to drive in the snow, believe me......

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I actually miss DD my mustang. Not practical with a 3 & 5 year old so it was put on the back burner.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
My car was my only mode of transport from 2002-2008 (bought the 92 F150 for winters). That will teach you how to drive in the snow, believe me......

Yup I definitely learned real quick how to drive in the snow haha.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I hear you, you will be much happier with a daily driver & being able to keep your SN95 in the garage all ready to go. The miles won't pile up & you can work on it at your leisure! Does your DD have be a Mustang? How about a car that gets fantastic gas mileage & really save on your commute etc. Or do you have a need for a truck at times? Just don't get too high of payments and not be able to do much!

I'd like a Mustang because all I'm after is a RWD, manual V8 car. So that pretty much severely limits my choices haha. Not really worried about gas honestly, and nope I don't have a need for a truck thankfully

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't mind DDing my old V6, because... well.... it was a piece. Once I got the cobra, it was a whole different ball game. I love my Crown Victorias! They make excellent everyday cars. There's plenty of room for the family. They still have good power. And the best thing of all... the mustang stays in the garage for nice days only. No rain. No snow. No rust. No miles added going to and from work.

When/if you do get a DD, do yourself a favor and get something that you don't plan on modding, or putting much money into, or else you'll just end up with a second project and then you're back in the same place.

Royal96

Reaction score
I didn't mind DDing my old V6, because... well.... it was a piece. Once I got the cobra, it was a whole different ball game. I love my Crown Victorias! They make excellent everyday cars. There's plenty of room for the family. They still have good power. And the best thing of all... the mustang stays in the garage for nice days only. No rain. No snow. No rust. No miles added going to and from work.

When/if you do get a DD, do yourself a favor and get something that you don't plan on modding, or putting much money into, or else you'll just end up with a second project and then you're back in the same place.

Yeah sometimes I think about picking up a WRX or something as a winter vehicle/DD but then I realized I'd then have another car to mod lol.

Austinx56

Reaction score

100% agree i was going to mod my bmw and then i tell my self it will be another project and ill want to make it a show car,plus bmw stuff is stupid expensive

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online