Who else is tired of dailying an old car?

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I kind of disagree about the feeling of the shifter on the S197, as long as there's an MGW in play. It's the #1 first mod that should be done on any S197. Especially the new one for the MT82, it's so direct.

And I don't live in fear of my transmission blowing up every day. But then again I don't beat the hell out of the car and power-shift it.

Addermk2

Reaction score
I'd never buy another mustang, so I could stop driving my... mustang.

That just seems dumb.

Hill x 21

Reaction score
100% agree i was going to mod my bmw and then i tell my self it will be another project and ill want to make it a show car,plus bmw stuff is stupid expensive

Pretty much sums up why I bought a Silverado instead of a 335i or Coyote.. I told myself I wouldn't mod the truck and I've already got wheels and tires (17x9s, 33s). I'm hoping once I lift it at the end of the summer I'll be done with it. Prob need to get new tires again haha.

Austinx56

Reaction score
Pretty much sums up why I bought a Silverado instead of a 335i or Coyote.. I told myself I wouldn't mod the truck and I've already got wheels and tires (17x9s, 33s). I'm hoping once I lift it at the end of the summer I'll be done with it. Prob need to get new tires again haha.

a truck is not a truck without a lift kit

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'd never buy another mustang, so I could stop driving my... mustang.

That just seems dumb.

This X100
Stupid idea to buy another mustang. No benefit.

I tried to convince you to buy a DD last time. Buy something inexpensive but reliable and good for winter driving. Something you like driving but won't mod or baby like your mustang. It shouldn't be a show car. Don't buy something you can't afford (payments) if you're planning on going to school/move out. Keep some money aside for good winter tires.

For me my perfect daily seems to be a 4x4 truck. I'm comfortable and its good for winter. Gas sucks, but I learned by going through a couple small cars that gas consumption doesn't really matter unless you're driving a ton. My truck is also totally different from my mustang, so I enjoy driving both of them.

lutter94

Reaction score
My 2010 Fusion is a spectacular DD. I suppose it would be better with a spare set of winter tires, but the all seasons get me around just fine. It's quiet, comfortable, and a 6 speed manual :). 140,000 miles in a hair over 5 years means a DD pickup is not practical enough lol. 14 vs 28 mpg between the two is 5,000 gallons of gas. Yep, I'll take the fusion. Still have a beater/farm pickup back home when I need it there.

Hill x 21

Reaction score
a truck is not a truck without a lift kit

A month ago a guy at work with a 09-12 Ram 1500 parked next to me. I thought it was kinda cool, both trucks being blacked out etc until I noticed the height difference between the two. Needless to say it's either going up 4" or 6". Probably be 4" and just use the remaining cash to get Nfab nerf bars. I think my Ram got a little better gas mileage but the comfort between my 04 Ram and 07 Silverado is night and day.

Austinx56

Reaction score
A month ago a guy at work with a 09-12 Ram 1500 parked next to me. I thought it was kinda cool, both trucks being blacked out etc until I noticed the height difference between the two. Needless to say it's either going up 4" or 6". Probably be 4" and just use the remaining cash to get Nfab nerf bars. I think my Ram got a little better gas mileage but the comfort between my 04 Ram and 07 Silverado is night and day.
that will be sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995