Who has cams in their 4 valve?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Just was wondering how many ( if any ) of you guys have cams in your DOHC 4.6? Im having a Stage 2 Procharger put on in a few months and was considering a set of blower grind cams to go with it, but im not familair with any issues that come with cams in the 4 vavle motor :dunno: I dont want anything big or radical just something to give some extra hp ( if I cant get at least 20 extra hp out of it Im not going into the hassle of having them put in ) So anyone got cams? Or even better cams with a blower? ???

97vertstang

Reaction score
for $1000+ i think theres better mods out there.dont get me wrong , im pretty sure they give power but damn look at the prices.i would say mach 1 cams????and ported heads???probably in the same range and more power?

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
97vertstang said:
for $1000+ i think theres better mods out there.dont get me wrong , im pretty sure they give power but damn look at the prices.i would say mach 1 cams????and ported heads???probably in the same range and more power?

well I already have all the other boltons already, so as far as other mods to get :dunno: I was just looking at doing something a little extra for some more hp after the blower install. I would like to have ported heads but If I was to go that far, I might as well pull the motor and do forged pistons :-\ thats a little more than what I intended to spend :D

Rantheman

Reaction score
I have cams but I am missing two cuz i only have a 2v cams are almost worth it for sound but you can gain a good amount of hp with bolt ons and a s/c

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I know one guy who put the Ford Racing cams in his 98 Cobra that had a few bolt ons and he gained about 30rwhp....

Now Crower is selling blower cams for 4V...the stage 2 Crower blower cams are gaining 50-60rwhp on 2V's so i bet you will see atleast that on a blown 4V....plus the added sound as a side benefit.

caliboy08

Reaction score
no, only the 03-04 cobras were "factory forged". ford even put the hypereutectic pistons in the mach 1. if you have a 4 valve, forge it, then cam it. :thumb:

97vertstang

Reaction score
damn if u got an additional 50rwhp, woudlnt that put u in the danger zone???? procharger=450rwhp + (cams) 50 rwhp= BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
if i were u i try to keep it under 500rwhp, until u get it forged.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
Just was wondering how many ( if any ) of you guys have cams in your DOHC 4.6?
EVERYONE :hammer:

I'd do cams if you can swing it.
More usable power band, and a sweet sound like droptop said.
I also like the Crower specs. ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Staff online